what christmas means to me

A/n: merry christmas everyone! also yes i'm aware this chapter is unrealistic but i didn't want to ruin christmas magic for any young readers. i hope you all have a wonderful day and thanks for reading!

toni's pov

today is christmas eve and we are spending it with all our friends and there kids at veronica and archie's house. "auntie toni auntie toni! guess what?" juliet screamed and ran up to where i was sitting on the couch. "i got a 100 on my spelling test yesterday!" she said while jumping up and down.

"wow jules your so smart!" i said pretending i was shocked but i really wasn't at all. juliet is extremely intelligent which probably has to do with the fact that her parents are betty and jughead. "mommy and daddy said for my 8th birthday there getting me and lizzie new bikes and phones!" she said and jumped into my lap.

"your getting so big. i can't believe your going to be 8 soon!" i said and caught her in my arms. "and lizzie too." she says. "and lizzie too." i repeat and laugh. "and tay." she says which actually reminds me i have to start planning what gifts to get her. "yes tayleigh too. and even luke. you all will be big 8 year olds. you might be too big to sit on my lap though." i tease.

"hey that's not fair! i don't want to be 8 anymore." she sighs. "i'm just kidding jules. you'll never be too old for cuddles." i hug her and she runs off upstairs.

"that was cute tiny." jug says and and pats me on the back. i just smile and nod. "can someone help me? my barbie doll broke." layla says while slumping down the stairs with grace not too far behind. "come here lay i'll fix it." fangs says and takes the doll out of her hands. grace walks over to cheryl and sits on her lap.

"are you guys having fun playing?" she asks and received nods from both girls. "we're bored though." layla says. "how about you go annoy the older kids. i'm sure they'd love that." kevin said as a joke. "ok!" she says and runs back upstairs with grace.

only a few minutes later they come back downstairs. "they didn't like that very much." lay says and falls into fangs' lap. grace crawls back onto cheryls lap. "i can understand why." betty says and we all laugh.

"grace what did you ask from santa for christmas? veronica says out of nowhere. "whose santa?" she asks shyly.  she's not exactly comfortable with everyone just yet but she's doing a lot better.

"ooooo he's a super old guy who comes down your chimney on christmas and brings you toys!" layla says proudly but her smile soon fades to a frown. "but this is my first christmas without mommy." she says and looks down. kevin places a comforting hand on her back and fangs kisses her head.

"does he really exist?" grace asks. "of course he does gracie. he's very magical. but he only comes if you've been good. what do you think, have you been good?" cheryl asks her. "i think so. just not always. like that one time i spilled orange juice all over aiden before school one day."  she says.

"grace that was an accident." i tell her but she smirks. "yea it was definitely an accident." she says sarcastically and laughs. "you did that on purpose missy?" cheryl says trying to hold in laughter but fails to do so. soon everyone else is laughing too.

"wow gracie the sass queen." kevin says which makes us all laugh even more. "he was being annoying and i just couldn't take it anymore. i guess that's what you got to do to survive in a big family like ours." grace says. "you are probably right." i say. she leans closer into cheryl to make sure she wasn't actually in trouble for her actions and soon finds out she wasn't after cheryl pulls her into a hug.

layla and grace both leave to go play again so we engage in some adult conversations. "so for our gay couples here give us the inside scoop. how is adopting?" betty asks. "well it's definitely the greatest decision we've ever made." fangs says and kevin nods in agreement. "it is so rewarding." cheryl adds.