grace's family tree

A/n: random filler chapter

nobody's pov

today was a normal wednesday for all the blossom-topaz kids. school was normal and when they got home they had to do homework.

grace rarely had trouble with homework but the assignment she had for tonight was different and she didn't know how to approach it. she sat at her desk not really knowing what to do.

to most kids this assignments would be a piece of cake but grace isn't like most kids. the assignment was to write about your family tree.

she decided to look through some picture albums and also pictures given to her by social services. most were pictures of her when she was a baby that they found around her old house. she didn't look at these pictures often because she didn't want to trigger any old bad memories she had. most people wouldn't understand but its hard for a kid like her to have to do a project like this.

as she sat at the desk to look at pictures tears filled her eyes and she began to cry. outside of her room ella was just walking up the stairs after finishing her afternoon snack when she heard crying coming from grace's room. of course being the great big sister she was she went into grace's room to find her crying at the desk.

"gracie are you ok?" she asks. "no. i have this stupid project i have to do." grace sniffles. "hey it's ok. what's the project about?" ella asks and sits down next to her sister. "family stuff." she huffs. ella looks through her sister's paper. "grace this is just a family tree." she says. "ok but i don't know how to do it." grace says.

"do you want me to go get our moms?" ella asks. "no. please don't." grace says and wipes a tear. "ok then who do want to help you?" ella asks. "you." grace says and ella smiles. "ok i can help you. but i need you to wipe away those tears and smile ok?" ella says. "ok." grace says and smiles.

the two sisters worked on the project together for awhile until grace was finally satisfied with her work. "do you want to show your project to everyone?" ella asks. "yea." grace says. "ok let's go." ella says and they go downstairs.

cheryl's pov

me and toni were both preparing dinner until ella and grace barge into the kitchen. "hi girls. anything we can get you?" toni asks. "yea um actually." ella says. "ok what is it?" i ask.

"we've been working on a project, my project, and i wanted to read it to the whole family." grace says. "yea for sure you can do that. want us to call family meeting?" i ask and grace nods.

"everyone come to the living room for family meeting." toni says into the walkie talkie that was in the kitchen. since thornhill is so big there's a walkie talkie in every room including the bedrooms and whenever we need all the kids in one place like for a family meeting or for dinner we can just inform them through the walkie talkies.

after about 5 minutes everyone is in the living room sitting on the couch and grace is standing in front of us. "why are we here? i thought this was a family meeting." brandon says. "yea i have homework to do." angelica says. "it is a family meeting. grace has a project she wants to share with all of us." toni says.

"yea. so basically my project i had to do was about my family tree." grace starts. "oh that's cool. i had to do that when i was your age." tayleigh says. "i think we all did." liam says. "so is it ok if i just read everything?" grace asks. "yup go ahead." i say.

"my family tree is a lot different then everyone else's. this isn't because i'm weird or i'm not normal it's just because i'm unique. my biological mother was beautiful and i loved her so much. unfortunately cancer ended up taking her life and she is no longer with us. after she passed things got complicated with my biological father and eventually living situations weren't safe anymore. my big sister ella had a friend she met in math class who basically saved our lives. her family took us in and now we are blossom-topaz's. i have two moms cheryl and toni who are the best. i have 7 brothers and sisters. in order of age there is brandon, liam, angelica, ella, tayleigh, me, aiden, and evianna. recently my moms adopted cheryl's nieces and nephew juniper, dagwood, and cora who we get to see on weekends. technically yes ella is my only "real" sister but i've grown to hate that word. just because i don't share the same blood as my moms or my siblings does not mean the love we have for each other is not real. my moms love me and ella just as much as they love the rest of my siblings. just because we don't look alike doesn't mean we're not family. family isn't blood, it's who you choose. what i really hate people saying is that adoption is a bad thing because it's not at all. it's actually a really good thing. i'm so grateful and proud to be adopted and no one should ever shame a child for being adopted. our situations are unique and different from yours but we shouldn't be discriminated against. i am loved and i am wanted. i have finally found my place in the world and i am happy with my forever family." she says and i'm practically in tears by the end.

"aww gracie that was beautiful." toni says. "thanks. ella helped me with some of the big words." she says. "your gonna get such a good grade." evi says. "it's an 100 in my book."  liam says. "me too." tayleigh says. "thanks guys." grace says.

"i feel like we should group hug." aiden says. "i'd like that." gracie says and smiles. of course we all got up and hugged.

i was so proud of grace for finally realizes her worth and not being afraid to tell her story. she's definitely my kid forever and always.

A/n: i think about 3 more chapters left!

Instas:

@Jughead.Jones

everyone: "so what is it like having a baby?" me: "exhausting af" comments: @betty1cooper- mood @ronnie

me: "exhausting af"
comments:
@betty1cooper- mood
@ronnie.lodge- felt
@fangs.fogarty- i have baby fever doe
@sweet_pea- noah!!!!
@tiny.topaz- noah's such a good baby tho

@Ella.Claire.Blossomtopaz

#throwbackthursday 💗 comments: @cherylbombshell- this is the cutest thing ever @angelica

comments:
@cherylbombshell- this is the cutest thing ever
@angelica.blossom.topaz- this pic gives me life
@juniper_cooper_blossom- i love this
@gia.kelgarty- gracie was a sassy lil thing
@lea.andrews- i'm obsessed
@kayla.kelgarty- grace's face!!!