"i'm the lucky one"

A/n: i'm so sorry for not posting in so long. completely my fault but i just didn't have inspiration to write. tbh i'm not really sure what to do with this book because i'm running out of ideas. maybe i should end it? idk let me know what you guys think 🤷🏻‍♀️
also yes this chapter is all about choni but no i don't write smut so um sorry i guess lol

cheryl's pov

tonight is finally the night that me and toni get to have a date night. i don't think we've had one alone in at least 5 years. which is crazy but i'm so excited.

we were currently dropping off the kids at sweet pea and katie's. even though it's a weekend, betty and jughead kept cora, juniper, and dagwood for this weekend to have some extra bonding time with them. also i think they needed some help with noah and juniper and dagwood could easily help with that.

sweet pea and katie just happened to be the first ones to offer when we asked who could watch the kids tonight. "everyone behave alright?" toni says. "they always do." katie says and smiles. "have fun on your night alone." sweet pea says and winks. "we will." i laugh and me and toni leave there house and get in the car.

"we are finally free." toni rejoices. "finally. it's been so long." i say and laugh. "i know. i'm just happy to get to kiss my baby without someone complaining. "mhm of course." i say and she grabs my check softly and pulls me in for a kiss. "i'm so excited for tonight." i say after pulling away. "me too." i say and smile.

toni pulls out of the driveway and we head to our favorite restaurant. i plugged in the aux and played skater boy by avril lavigne. we never knew why but we both loved that song when we were teenagers. we just had a jam session in the car and blasted the music. i get some of toni singing while driving on my instagram story and laugh while posting it.

"babe that better not have been posted to your millions of followers." toni says. "too late." i smirk. toni rolls her eyes playfully. "we're here." i say and she pulls into the parking lot. we get out of the car and walk into the restaurant.

"wow this place is gorgeous." she says. "it is beautiful. just like you." i say and she blushes. "hi we have a reservation." toni says. "name please." the hostess says. "toni topaz." she says. "ok right this way please." the hostess says and leads us to a table. we sit and look at our menus.

"there is so much food here i have no idea what i want." i say. "yea me either. i'm thinking one of the steak meals." toni says. "that sounds good. i think i might get that too." i say. we end up ordering the same thing and both getting waters.

"i have a surprise for later." i tell her. "you do?" she asks. "yea. and i think you are going to love it." i say. "what's the occasion?" she asks. "just simply because i love you." i say and she smiles.

we get our dinner and it was absolutely delicious. "this is the best steak i think i've ever had." i say while taking a bite. "me too. this place is hella expensive so thank god the food is good." toni says. "tt we don't have to worry about money. we're the richest family in riverdale." i remind her. "i know i know but sometimes it's good to think about money and how we spend it." she says.

"true. i mean majority of it goes to our kids anyway." i say. "and yet our kids are the farthest they could be from spoiled brats." tones says. "well they are spoiled but definitely not brats. i have to say i think we raised them all pretty well so far." i say.

"do you ever have any doubts?" toni asks quietly. "doubts about having kids?" i ask. "yea." she says. i sigh. "honestly yea. i miss having alone time with you." i say. "me too." toni says.

"do you remember when our original plan was to have 3 each so it would make 6 total? we thought we were crazy for wanting 6 kids. look at us now." i laugh. "i do remember that. and now i can't imagine my life without the ones that weren't exactly planned." she says.