pre nationals

A/n: i wasn't expecting to write about this but i'm a competitive dancer so i figured it would be interesting for me to write about :)

toni's pov

this weekend is going to be insane. and all about the girls. not only is there a dance competition but it's nationals which is the biggest and last competition of the year.

even though the venue, which is a hotel, is only 40 minutes away from our house we still booked hotels rooms and are staying there for the weekend.

it's friday night and we're all packing. normally we would have juniper, dagwood, and cora on fridays but betty and jughead decided to take them so we had less stress off our backs considering we have 6 kids competing this weekend and they only have 3.

"i never thought i would say this but i'm actually excited for this dance competition." brandon says to me while i'm packing a small suitcase. he's sitting on me and cheryl's bed just watching and engaging in conversation. "really? why's that?" i ask him. "well because this time it's at a hotel and everyone's families are going to watch. gianna's going to be there." he says.

"i love your relationship with her." i say honestly. "really? thanks mom." he says and smiles. "i just love seeing you happy. you are my first born after all." i say. "yea i'm pretty lucky." he says. "you definitely are." i laugh. "oh and don't forget a bathing suit. there's a pool at the hotel. tell liam too." i say. "ok i will." he says and walks out.

i finish up packing my stuff because it really wasn't a lot and now i have to iron and steam all of the costumes to make sure they are perfect without wrinkles. cheryl is helping all the girls in the living room with there dream duffles.

(that's what dream duffel is)

we've been to 3 regional competitions so far this year so we've seen all the kids compete there dances before but nationals is really important because they can win titles and scholarships. ella, tayleigh, and grace all have solos.

grace has been undefeated in her category at every regional competition this year which is amazing. ella and tayleigh have both only won once but that's simply because the age division there in is a lot harder. ella wants to win so badly at nationals though because it's been her dream forever. grace and tayleigh both don't really care if they win or not but when they do they are so proud of themselves.

angelica has been dancing her whole life but since she went to la to persue acting for 3 years that meant she had to take a break from dancing. she's still very good at it but she wasn't able to have a solo this year so she's in all the group dances.

evi has a duet with vivi that has actually never been performed on stage before. the dance teacher didn't want them to perform it at regionals because she wanted to save it for nationals. all the girls have group dances they are in along with whatever special dances they might have. on saturday is the group dances and sunday is the solos and duet.