we can't change the past

cheryl's pov

on text
k: hey cheryl can i ask you a favor?
c: yea sure kev
k: today's is me and fangs' anniversary and we kind of wanted some time to ourselves tonight so we were wondering if the girls can sleepover at your place?
c: omg yes of course. and happy anniversary!
k: thank you so much! your a life saver. i can drop them off at 7?
c: that's great. see you then
k: see ya

off text

"hey babe?" i say and walk into me and tonis room. "yea cher?" she asks while sitting on our bed. "kevin and fangs are dropping there girls off tonight for a sleepover. it's there anniversary." i say. "aw tell him i say happy anniversary. and having there girls over is fine." she says.

"well i guess we have to prepare for 3 more kids." i say. "well technically 1 kid and 2 teens. we probably won't even see gianna at all because her and brandon are...well you know?" she says. "yea i know." i laugh.

a few hours later

the doorbell rang and grace immediately ran downstairs to open it. after we told all the kids that they were staying for a sleepover grace was so excited.

"hi!" she says and opens the door. "hey gracie. hi cheryl. thank you again for this." fangs says. "it's no problem. come inside girls." i say and let them walk in. "if there's any problems just text or call us." kevin says. "of course. have fun tonight." i say and wink. they both laugh and go to there car while i shut the door.

"are angelica and ella in there room?" kayla asks me. "yup there both upstairs." i say. "thanks aunt cheryl." kay says and runs upstairs. "i'm going to go look for brandon. if you have any trouble with this one let me know." gianna says and points to layla. "i'm well behaved." layla says. "you know what i mean lay." gia says and runs upstairs. i have no idea what she's talking about but i don't ask any questions.

"mommy can we bake cookies?" grace asks me. "um yea i guess so. go tell mama and i'll be right there ok?" i say. she nods and runs into the kitchen with layla. i go upstairs to see if anyone else wants to help bake.

"evabear you wanna help bake cookies?" i ask her after going into her room. she's on the floor playing cars with aiden. "oh hi aiden." i say after noticing he was in there too. "hi mommy." he says looking up at me. "i like cookies but we're busy playing." ev says.

"what she meant to say was is it ok if we continue playing and you can call us down when the cookies are done so we can eat them too." aiden says a lot more polite. i just laugh and nod. "yea that's fine. and good job being polite buddy. evi we might have to work on that." i say and leave the room.

i walk into tayleigh's room and she's watching tik toks on her ipad. "hey tatertot do you want to make cookies?" i ask her. "cookies? of course i do!" she says and bolts up out of bed. "woah someone's excited." i laugh. "i love cookies." she says and runs out of her room and downstairs.

she is so different from angelica at age 10. i'm grateful for that though. luckily tayleigh not wanting to grow up puts a lot less stress on me.

i walk into angelica and ella's room and ask if they want to make cookies. "yes." ella says. "of course." kayla says. "i mean i guess." ang says. "alright you can go downstairs and help the younger kids set up." i say and they all do so.

"liam do you want to help make cookies?" i ask after walking into his room. "sure. i have nothing else to do." he says and goes downstairs.

lastly i go to brandon's room to see him and gianna cuddling and taking selfies. "do you guys want to help make cookies?" i ask. "nah we're good." brandon says. "ok that's what i thought." i say and leave the room. i go downstairs and see the mess that's already being made.