the road trip

cheryl's pov

it was 6:00 friday night at our house and the kids had just finished dinner. i was cleaning up the kitchen and toni was giving evi and aiden a bath. the rest of the kids were upstairs getting themselves showered and ready for the road trip ahead of us.

tomorrow our family, veronica and archie's family, betty and jug's family, fangs and kevin's family, and sweat pea's family were all going to kalahari (an indoor water park) and spending the weekend there. we figured it would be something fun for all the kids to do and maybe us adults could have some fun as well. we were leaving at 8 pmand planning to get there at 1:00 am to try and avoid traffic.

"cheryl?" toni called our to me. "yea babe?" i shouted back. "can you take aiden while i get ev dressed? he's being really jumpy." she said while walking out with aiden's hand in hers. "sure" i said taking his hand. she walked back into the bathroom.

aiden's hair was soaking wet and he had a dinosaur onesie on. "you look so cute aiden." i said while lifting him onto the kitchen island. "thank you mommy." he said with a big smile. "did you want me to pack any special snacks for you?" i asked him. "no snacks but i want apple juice." i nodded and put some apple juice in a sippy cup and packed it in the snack bag.

"can you do me a favor and bring your bag down?" i said. "mhm. did you pack it?" he asked me. "no mama did." i say and he just nodded. "cmon buddy i have to go upstairs anyway to help your siblings." i said while lifting him off the counter and carrying him up the stairs.

"brandon are you done packing" i asked him while walking into his room. "yup i'm done. and so is liam but he's in the shower. the rest of us have already showered." he said. "alright good job. you can just chill here for a bit until we have to go." i said to him. "ok." he said back and i walked out to ella and angelica's room.

"mom should i wear pajamas or just comfy clothes." ang asked me. "it's up to you. you can just wear a sweatshirt and pajama pants if you'd like." i told her. "ok i'll do that." she says.

"and i finished packing." ella said. "good just make sure you have everything you need." i said and they nodded as i walked out to tayleigh's room.

"hey tay you all packed?" i asked her. "yea i am. which pjs should i wear?" she said while holding up two pairs. "there both cute but i say wear your favorite night gown." i said. "oke!" she smiled back at me and i went into grace's room.

"i'm done packing." she says and shows me her bag. "that's great. we're leaving in a few minutes ok?" i told her. she nodded and smiled. i smiled back and walked into my room to read some texts. i got one from veronica.

v: hey cher are you guys stopping or just driving straight there.
c: straight there
v: ok us too. i put viv in a diaper just in case.
c: might do that with ev but i'm not sure. toni dressed her not me.
v: ok lmk if anything happens. see you there.
c: see ya.

i then got up and finished packing everything in my mini suitcase. "hey babe we gotta leave soon is everything packed?" toni asked while walking in holding ev on her hip. evi had her wet hair in a ponytail and was wearing a white onesie with dancing ballerinas on it. "yea i'm just about done. can you start putting the bags in the car while i just finish packing the snack bag?" i asked her. "of course baby". she said and handed me evi before walking out with our suitcases.

it was a little past evi's bedtime and she didn't nap today so she was really tired. she just pointed to my bed side table where her pacifier was. i walked over and gave it to her which she happily accepted. i carried her downstairs and into the kitchen setting her down on the island.