bruno the dog

toni's pov

believe it or not, after aiden talked to me and the dance competition about getting a dog, i was actually really considering it. dogs are adorable and it would ultimately make the kids happy.

me and cheryl we're home from work today and i was sitting at the kitchen island while she was doing dishes.

"cher we need a dog." i say. she turns around and gives me a look. "we already have 11 animals living here." she jokes. "baaabe i'm not kidding. aiden asked for one." i say. "you want a dog because aiden asked you for one? wow that kids really got u wrapped his little finger huh?" she says.

"ok obviously it wouldn't just be for aiden. it would be for the whole family. and he actually gave really good reasons." i say. "like what?" she asks. "do you remember the second day of the dance competition? the morning of when all the girls were fighting?" i ask her. "yea." she says. "well he said that a dog would help bring our family together and we would all stop fighting." i explain.

"aw that is kind of sweet." she says. "i know right. and none of the kids are allergic or anything." i say. "are we ready for a dog though?" she asks. "our youngest kid is 5 and we've raised 11 amazing kids so far. we're more then ready for a dog babe." i say.

"can we at least get a big dog? this way it doesn't always yap and the twins can play rough with it." cheryl asks. "i guess we can yea." i say. "kk." she says. "well the kids are at school sooo can we go now?" i ask. "now?" she asks. "yes! and we can surprise the kids after school." i say practically begging. "fine." cheryl says.

"yesss! let's go to the shelter." i say and grab my keys. we go out to the car and i sit in the drivers seat. "we don't even know how to take care of a dog." she says and sits in the passenger seat. "you might not but i do. i had hot dog for awhile." i say. "whatever you say babe." she shrugs.

at the shelter

"hi what can i do for you two today?" the lady at the front desk asks. "hi we're actually looking to adopt a dog." i say. "oh that's great! we have so many abandoned dogs that need homes. our expert theo can show you around the shelter and take you to where the dogs are." she says nicely.

"hi ladies i'm theo." a man says. "hi theo." cheryl says. "if you'd follow me through these doors i'll show you around." he says and me and cher follow him.

"so when you first walk in here we have a few brand new kittens that just got brought in last night. they were actually found underneath park benches in a box." he says. "aw that's awful." i say. "yea it's heartbreaking. hopefully someone can adopt them soon. but for you ladies your looking for a dog correct?" he asks.

"yes we are." i say. "what kind of dog are you looking for?" he asks. "we want a bigger dog if possible. we also have a lot of kids so many one that's family friendly." cheryl says. "ok excellent. we actually have a lot of dogs in that category. you can follow me through these doors." he says and we follow.

there's a bunch of dogs in cages of all different breeds and sizes. "there are a ton of cute dogs and puppies in here but the bigger ones are towards the back." he says and we keep walking. "i have 3 options that i think would be perfect for you guys." he says. "ok." i say.

"this dog right here is a black lab. she is 5 years old and we found her as a puppy. her name is shiloh and she's very well behaved." he says and points to a cage. "aw hi girly." i say and pet her through the cage.

"the second one is a puppy we actually just got a few weeks ago. it's a boy but he doesn't have a name yet. i know he looks small right now but he's a golden retriever so he's going to grow up to be a huge dog. he's still a puppy now though so he's very hyper." theo says and points to another cage. "he's very cute." cheryl says.