never want to grow up

A/n: wanted to make a chapter about sweet little tayleigh so here it is :) it's a little sad but enjoy!

tayleigh's pov

i was sitting in lunch today with luke, juliet, lizzie, and a few of our other friends when nicolette mantle came over to our table. she is the most popular girl in my school.

"do you need something?" lizzie asks. "yea actually." she answers. "ok well say it or leave." jules says. "isn't your sister angelica blossom-topaz?" nicole asks me. "yea. why?" i say. "oh well i hated her show. it was pretty lame." she says and smirks a little bit.

"can you leave?" luke asks and rolls his eyes. "why is your hair red?" one of her friends standing next to her asks. are they really that stupid? "my mom has red hair." i answer.

"don't you have two moms?" one of her friends next to her says and laughs. "yea- i do." i say nervously. "so we're talking to dyke spawn." i hear another one of her friends mumble.

"what the hell is your problem?" juliet says and stands up. "what are you going to do? punch me?" nicole scoffs. juliet looks her straight in the eye and punches her right across the face. nicole is a bit taken back before she looks at me. "so your just going to let her punch me?" she asks angry.

"honestly yea. because your a bitch." i say. "and your a little pussy for letting your friends fight your battles for you." she snaps back and i stand up and slap her across the face. before i know it we're all fighting and hitting each other. the lunch ladies pull us apart and our principal walks into the lunch room.

"hey! all of you! my office right now!" he screams and we all do so. "who's fight is this really?" he asks angrily. "me and nicolette." i confess. "you two come with me. the rest of you i'm calling all your parents to pick you up for this behavior." he says and hug all my friends.

"i'm so sorry for getting you into this mess." i apologize. "don't worry about it. just tell the truth about what happened and you should be ok. we're alright." luke says and i nod.

i huff and slouch down in the chair in one of the meeting rooms in the office. nicole does the same but in the chair next to mine.

"how did this even happen?" he asks. "nicole and her friends came over to my table and started asking questions about my family. her friends were laughing at the fact that i had two moms. " i say and i start to tear up at the thought of it. my family is the most important thing to me so the fact that people disrespect them makes me so upset.

"is that true nicolette?" our principal asks. she nods and looks at her lap. "why would you guys ever do such a thing?" he asks her. "those weren't my intentions." she mumbles and rolls her eyes.

"then what were your intentions? besides treating my family like garbage?" i ask and i'm really mad now. "tayleigh calm down and let her explain please." the principal says.

"your prefect. you get everything. you have the perfect grades, perfect family, perfect life. i was jealous ok?" she says and tears up.

"i'm perfect? your the most popular girl in school. you strut around the hallways like you own this place and everyone in it." i say.

"sure that's great and all but it really sucks when your mom your mom is dead and your dad won't even talk to you because of grief." she says and starts crying.

i was really taken back by that and now i feel bad. "we talked about this nicole. i know it's hard but that doesn't give you a right to take it out on other people." the principal says.

"it just kills me to see someone have what i don't and can't have. you don't even know how lucky you are tayleigh." she sighs and wipes a tear. i start to a cry a little bit myself because i feel terrible.