all about avani

A/n: i'm sorry guys but i PROMISE next chapter is all about choni. this chapter is mainly about avani (varchie's new baby). also sorry i haven't posted in like a week i just wasn't that motivated 🤷🏻‍♀️

veronica's pov

1 month later

today is finally the day we are officially bringing avani home. we have actually met her a few times now but today we finally get to call her our little baby. she is 1 1/2 and simply the happiest baby ever.

we're all in the car on our way to avani's current foster home that she's in to pick her up. "i have never been more excited in my life." lea says. "i just can't believe it's actually happening today." fred says. i smiled at how happy they were. "what about you mija?" i ask and look back at viv. she just shrugs and looks out the window.

the past few times that we've all got to meet avani, vivi wasn't exactly thrilled. she did play with her a little bit but that was it. she also got to feed her which was funny to watch but i'm not so sure she actually enjoyed it. me and archie are praying that vivi grows to love her new sister after some time. the older two are absolutely in love with avani which is great.

we had a huge plan for today that once we get avani we'll take her home and show her around. then the whole gang is coming over to meet her. i'm so excited. "archie i think this is the house." i say and he pulls over in the front. we all get out of the car and see that our social worker was in the car in front of us. she steps out too and greets us.

"today's the big day!" she says excitedly. "we're so happy." archie says. "i'm happy for you guys. i'm going to go get her and i'll bring her out here." she says and goes into the house. after a minute she comes back out with avani in her arms and a bag with some of her essential stuff in it. most of her stuff is already at our house. "avani today's the day you move in with your new family." the social worker says in a baby voice.

avani reaches for me and giggles. i take her into my own arms and brush some of her beautiful brown curls out of her face. archie takes her bag. "well she's all yours. the worker says. "thank you so much. for everything." archie says. "of course! if you need me you can always call." she says. "thank you. we will." i say and she smiles. she leaves to go into her car.

i open one of the back doors to put avani into her new car seat. she has a stuffed bear in her hands and is currently playing with it. i smile once she's buckled and make my way to my own seat. lea and fred are making faces at avani while we drive home and she's giggling the whole time. i'm not driving, archie is, so i record some of the fun stuff that was happening with the kids on my phone. for memories of course.

we make it back to our house and show avani her new room. she walks around a little and points to her crib. "keeb." she says. "yup that's your crib ava." lea says. it was almost 1:00 so i decided to put her down for a nap in her crib for the first time. the rest of us cleaned and straightened up the house a little bit for when everyone comes.

"should we bring some of her toys down here in the living room for her to play with?" archie asks me. "yea that'd be a good idea." i say. "i got it mom." fred says. "oh thanks bud." archie says and fred goes upstairs. he comes down a few minutes later with a huge pink blanket and some baby toys and gets everything set up in the living room. "perfect thank you fred." i say. "no problem." he says.

once we all finish cleaning i settle on the couch with archie and we just watch some tv. i assume all the kids went into there own rooms. "i'm so happy we did this ronnie. decide to adopt a little baby girl. i love her so much already." archie says and wraps his arms around me. "yea me too." i say and kiss him. once we pull away we just continue cuddling and watching tv for another 45 minutes until we hear cries coming from the baby monitor.