waiting room

toni's pov

"she's in labor right now?" veronica says in shock. "yea and they need us there." archie says. "what do you mean?" i ask. "well they have 3 kids who can't be in the room while she's giving birth and they want everyone there for when the baby is born." archie says.

"but it's almost 1 am." toni says. "i don't know but jughead said betty wants all of us there like now." archie says. "alright i guess we have to go wake everyone up." i sigh. "i'll tell all the kids upstairs. you guys can wake up the ones in the living room." archie says and he goes upstairs.

me, veronica, and cheryl go into the living room. "aww there so peaceful." ronnie says. "i know i kind of feel bad waking them up." i say. "well bettys in labor so we don't really have a choice." cheryl sighs.

"aiden wake up." i say and rub his arm. he slowly opens his eyes and looks around confused. "why?" he asks and yawns. "aunt betty is having the baby." i say. he jolts up and looks at me. "really?!" he asks. "yup." i say. "let's go right now!!" he says excited and stands up. "ok buddy we will but you need to put on some shoes first." i say and laugh. "ok mama!" he says excitedly and runs to get his shoes.

i look at ev and see that she has her thumb in her mouth and she's clinging onto her favorite stuffed animal. it was a stuffed elephant that she loves for many reasons.

one reason being that it was an elephant and that's evi's favorite animal. and two being that one day she decided to spray mine and cheryl's perfume all over it to give it a 'makeover'. the strong scent faded a little bit but now she says that it smells like us and makes her feel safe when she's sleeping.

"evi wake up." i say softly and remove her thumb from her mouth. she starts to stir and opens her eyes. "what time is it?" she asks and rubs her eyes. "1 am. auntie betty is having the baby now and we have to go to the hospital." i explain. "i'm going back to sleep." she says. "no evi we have to go now." i say and sit down next to her on the couch while rubbing her arm. "but i'm tired." she whines. "i know girlie." i say. "hold me." she says and i lift her up onto my hip.

i see that grace and tayleigh woke up as well and are getting there shoes on. cheryl woke up cora and veronica woke up vivi. i see all the teens come running downstairs and get there shoes on.

"how are we all going to fit?" angelica asks. "we'll take two cars." i say. "alright everyone get in a car it doesn't matter which one." archie says and we all start heading out the door. "liam can you take her for a sec and just put her in her car seat?" i ask. "yea sure." he says and i pass ev to him.

i'm the last one out of the house and i lock the door. i get into the car and into the drivers seat. cheryl is sitting in the passengers seat. "everybody ready?" i ask and everyone says yes so i start driving. it's only a 15 minute drive and we get there in no time.

"ok guys we're here." i say and stop the car engine. "mama?" i hear ev say. she unbuckled her seat belt and everything but she looks concerned. "um yea what's wrong?" i ask her. "i don't have shoes." she says and i look down to see that all she was wearing were socks. "i'm so sorry ev." i say but i'm also kind of laughing.

i know that she's old enough to have known better to wear shoes or not but it was partially my fault because i just told liam to put her in the car without even thinking about what she was wearing. "it's ok." she laughs and i hold out my arms for her. "no i want a piggy back ride!" she says. i smile and turn around so she can climb on. "weee giddy up horsy." she says which makes me laugh.

we catch up with everyone else and head into the hospital. "you guys are here!" juliet says loudly and we all turn to see her, lizzie, and sebi sitting in waiting area. "hey guys. is everything alright?" veronica asks them. "from what we know, yea." lizzie says.