one step closer to home

toni's pov

"everyone out of bed! we're leaving in an hour!" i call upstairs to all of our kids who are probably still sleeping.

"you couldn't have just woke them up individually?" cheryl asks me and laughs to herself. "nope." i respond. slowly the kids come down one by one until finally everyone is sitting at the table eating bacon and eggs.

"did everyone pack?" cheryl asks. they all either nod or say yes. "the moving truck is coming in 30 minutes." i say.

"does anyone know we're coming?" ella asks.

"nope. it's a surprise!" cheryl says excitedly.

"are we seeing them all together?" ang asks.

"no we have an order. varchies house, bugheads house, swaties house, and kang's house. then tomorrow we're inviting everyone over to help us unpack and just spend time together." i explain.

"yay i'm so exited!" tayleigh says and i smile at her. ev is struggling to keep her eyes open and all of a sudden her face falls onto her plate.

"um ev you good?" liam asks.

"does she look good to you?" grace laughs.

"yea for real bro what kind of question is that." brandon asks and liam just shrugs.

"evi are you tired?" i ask but obviously know the answer. "mmhmm." is all i hear from her. "well can you wake up a little and eat your breakfast?" cheryl asks. she doesn't respond but she lifts her head up and starts to take small baby bites out of her pancakes.

"are you tired too aiden?" i ask him. "no not really. i'm just excited to see everyone finally." he happily says.

"what did you guys do after we left the room last night?" cheryl asks. "nothing. i fell asleep." aiden says. "ev?" i say.

"i couldn't sleep. so i played with barbies." she says.

"well that's a story to tell." brandon says sarcastically.

"ok anyway guys just get ready to leave. we have to get going soon." i say and they all get up. me and cheryl throw away there plates (paper plates) and go upstairs to get dressed ourselves.

"are you excited babe?" cheryl asks. "so excited." i say and smile. the doorbell rings and cheryl goes downstairs to get it. i assume it's the guy driving the moving truck.

"mom?" i turn around and see tayleigh standing there. "yea what's up?" i ask her. "how long is the flight?" she asks. "about like 6 hours." i respond. "ok so i can download like 2-3 movies on my phone." she says. "yep you can." i say.

"do you think everyone changed?" she asks. "what do you mean?" i ask. "everyone back at riverdale. it's been so long." she sighs.

"i don't think they've changed too much. we video chat them all the time remember? and we follow them on instagram and stuff. of course they've grown up a little but so have you." i simply say.

"that makes sense. but video chat is different then real life. what if they don't like me anymore?" she asks worried.

"tay i promise that everyone still loves you. just because we haven't seen each other in so long doesn't mean you've changed. at the end of the day your the same person. and you always will be. now you got lucky because you were born with the kindest heart and that can never be taken away from you." i tell her. she smiles and gives me a hug.

"you give the best pep talks." she says.

"and you give the best hugs." i say back.

"also just so you know i think eva is dead or something." she casually says.