we do it as a family

betty's pov

"cheryl oh my god." i say and catch her in my arms.

"i made a mistake." she says over and over again. "it's ok. just talk to me." i said and bring her to the kitchen. "i just left her there. i- i have to go back." she says and starts crying.

"cheryl calm down. one argument is not going to ruin your marriage." i assure her and put a hand on her shoulder. "but i left. she hates me." cheryl cries.

"i mean she did have a right to get mad at you. are you actually going to move?" i ask. "well i don't know. angelica really wants to do it. i have to talk to the other kids about it. i should've just told toni in the first place. i'm such a dumbass." she says.

"your not a dumbass. you just made a stupid decision by not telling her." i said. cheryl got a phone call from angelica so she answered and put it on speaker.

a: where are you?
c: i- i'm at aunt betty and jugs house
a: oh the little kids want a good night kiss
c: c-can you give them one for me?
a: mom wants you to come back tonight.
c: what?
a: she wants you home tonight.
c: wait you know?
a: yes. i talked to mom. i told her everything was my fault. i told her that i was the reason you didn't tell her in advance. i took the blame for everything.
c: o- oh my god ang are you serious?
a: yea. i heard your whole fight. we all did. there's no way i was letting our family split up because of me.
c: *cries* i love you so much
a: i love you too mom. all the little kids got scared so i took everyone into my room and explained the whole acting thing. there all really happy for me. there all willing to move. for me.
c: what about mom?
a: she gets it. i told her how much it meant to me and she agreed. i get to be a tv star!
c: ang?
a: yea?
c: i am so proud of you
a: i'm proud of me too *giggles*
c: um i'll see you at home. also say hi to aunt betty she's been listening the whole time.
a: hi aunt betty!
b: hey ang!
c: ok bye love you
a: love you too

end of phone call.

"wow." is all cheryl manages to say. "you got a pretty amazing daughter." i say and she smiles. "so i guess i'm moving." she says and her smile fades. "yea um i guess so." i said.

"mommy?" lizzie says and comes down the stairs. "sweetie it's late at night. what are you doing up?" i ask. "sebi started crying because he heard noises from downstairs. he's with daddy right now but his crying woke me up." she says and has her head down. "well look whose here." i said and point to cheryl.

"auntie cher!" she screams and runs over to give her a hug. "hi lizzie." cheryl says and laughs at the little girl's enthusiasm. "lizzie hunny auntie cher has some news." i say and feel bad about the news my daughter is about to hear. "ok i'm listening." lizzie says.

"so angelica has been wanting to be an actress for quite a long time now and she got a job on a tv show. the only thing is the show is filming in california. which really far away. so we have to move." cheryl tried her best to explain without crying.

"your moving? what about tayleigh? she won't be in my class any more? and we don't go to dance together? or have sleepovers at your house?" she asks and her facial expressions break my heart. "our family will visit all the time. and it's not permanent i promise. one year at the most." cheryl says. lizzie starts to cry and rushes into cheryls arms.

"i know cutie. i'll miss you so much. but we can facetime everyday. and don't worry i'm not leaving yet. we still have uncle peas wedding." she says and tries to hold in tears but fails to do so.