what the night brings

A/n: yay this is the 10th chapter. ignore all the grammar mistakes. please comment and leave me requests and ideas! (next chapter will be about josie's funeral and get into more drama.)

cheryl's pov

over the past couple of weeks mom life just keeps getting more and more difficult. i'm starting to think having 8 kids was not the move but i can't do anything about that now.

i love our kids with all my heart and there angels during the day but night is torturous. bedtime is nearly an impossible task for both me and toni. it was currently 6:00 and we all just finished dinner.

"brandon, liam, ang, and ella i need you guys to work on homework. tayleigh and grace take turns showering. if you need help just call me. aiden and evianna, mama is going to give you a bath." i announced to everyone before they all scattered off and did there jobs.

i spent a half hour doing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen before toni walked in on the verge of a breakdown. "omg tt your soaking wet what happened." i said in shock. "aiden happened." she said and rolled her eyes. "you can change your shirt while i talk to him." i said and went into the bathroom while she went upstairs.

"aiden bryce it is not ok to splash mama while she's giving you a bath." i said with my arms crossed over my chest. "oops i didn't know." he says while standing next to evianna, both of them wrapped in towels. "you did know because we've gone over this several times." i said with a disappointed look on my face.

"i'll say sorry." he said and looked down. "thank you buddy." i said and ruffled his wet hair. "i c-cold" ev said while shivering. "come on let's go upstairs." i said and went to reach for both there hands. "no uppy." ev said and i gave in to her request.

"me too." aiden said. "sorry you were bad so your going to have to walk." i said and he looked like he was going to cry. i just kept walking with his hand in mine but he stopped and started sobbing.

i didn't want to coddle him because he did something bad but at the same time i felt terrible. toni came running down the stairs in panic after hearing the cry.

"what's going on?" she says. "he wanted me to carry him up the stairs but i told him no because he still hasn't apologized yet." i explain to her. "i'm sorry i'm sorry i'm sorry." he says through his sobs. "i forgive you. it's ok." toni says and picks him up attempting to get him to stop crying. we walk up the stairs and i go into ev's room.

"what pjs do you want?" i ask after setting her on the bed. "purple ones with the hearts." she says. i take the requested pajamas out of the drawer along with a diaper and get her dressed. i take her hand and lead her into me and toni's master bathroom.

i sit her on the counter and brush her long, gorgeous hair. she's blabbering cute nothings to me while i brush her hair and i can't help but laugh. "ok i'm done you can go play for a little before bed ok?" i say while lifting her from the sink top. she nods and runs off. i follow her out and notice no ones in the shared kid bathroom upstairs.

"tay why aren't you in the shower?" i ask while walking into her room. "i thought grace was going in." she says and shrugs. i walk out of her room and into grace's.

"grace why aren't you in the shower?" i ask her. "i thought tayleigh was going in." she says. "well one of you has to go in. can you do it sweetie?" i ask. she nods and gets her stuff ready.

as soon as i walk out i hear a loud bang followed by a scream and crying. i run down the stairs and see ev screaming in pain on the living room floor. toni is sitting right beside her rubbing her forehead and brandon is sitting on the couch just watching.