the rescue mission

A/n: this chapter is very intense. that's all i have to say.

cheryl's pov

thornhill

"guys we need a plan!" i say and pace back in forth in the kitchen.

"what we need to do is think. veronica has he told you anything that could possibly be useful?" jughead asks. "i haven't seen him in 15 years. all i know is that he had a lot of houses." v answers.

"mom? i just got a text." brandon says and runs down the stairs with the other 16 year olds. "ok and? your sister is missing and that's what you have to say?" i roll my eyes.

"it's a picture." liam says. "of what?" fangs asks. "it's a picture of ev." brandon finishes and hands us the phone. she's all bloody and has bruises all over her face.

"omg." ronnie whispers and starts crying. "fuck!" i scream and slam the phone on the table. "we need a plan right the hell now guys!" toni screams. "let me see the phone." betty says and takes it.

"alright he's a dumbass. i literally can track where this picture was sent from." she says. "wow he's that desperate to see us." archie mumbles. "it's an hour away. i don't know where exactly but i do have a location." jug says. "we need to leave now." kevin says.

"yea we do." fred says. "um what?" sweet pea asks and we all turn to look at him. "we're coming too." gia says.

"absolutely not." toni says. "i got them into this mess. it's all my fault! and don't tell me i'm wrong because you know damn well i'm right." emily says.

"we need you guys here and safe! who would even watch the other kids?" veronica asks. "angelica, ella, lea, and kayla already agreed. we have everything figured out. we're going to help you guys." fred explains.

"fine. but gianna and emily your not going." fangs says. "why because we're girls?" gia asks and rolls her eyes. "it's not safe! i'm not letting you guys get hurt." sweet pea says. "dad please. let me do this. i have to and it's all my fault. please." emily begs. we all look at each other and finally betty speaks up.

"just let them go. as long as the stay lowkey nick won't even look for them." she says and all the teens start cheering.

"teens go in the van. cheryl and veronica go in there too. the rest of us get on a motorbike." jughead says and we all go. we have walkie talkies so we can talk whenever.

"betty what's the location?" i ask over the walkie talkie. "i'm sending you a link. put it in google maps." she answers and i do so.

i have no idea where it is but the gps starts leading us there. it's pretty much silence the whole time but we've been driving for a little over an hour. in the distance i see a house in the middle of the forest.

"is this it?" i ask. "yea it is." i hear jug say. "what's the plan?" i ask while getting out of the van.

"if i had to guess i'd say there in the basement. sweet pea, archie, and fangs are going to open the basement window and see if there in there. if they are then we need emily or gianna to go down there and get them out. they'd be the only ones small enough to fit. brandon, liam, and fred you guys have to watch the front door and tell us if you see or hear anyone coming outside. kevin is going to sit in the drivers seat of the van and be ready to just speed out of here. i need veronica and toni to sit in the back seat of the vans with the blankets and just wait till they bring the kids out and make sure there ok. cheryl your going to stand outside the window and carry any of the kids who could be hurt. me, jug, and katie are all going to wait on the bikes to see what happens." betty says and all of us agree.

archie, sweet pea, and fangs all go open the window to check if there hidden down there. "guys there in here!" archie shouts and immediately gia and emily go down there.

"your here to save us!" juliet says and hugs them. "yep. come on." em says. "but evi is hurt." viv says and points to ev on the bed. "it's ok. i'll help her." gia says and picks her up off the bed.

juliet puts her foot in emily's hands and sweet pea helps lift her out the window. they do the same to viv and tell them to run to the van.

"what do i do with her?" gia asks. "hurry! he's banging on the door!" emily says. "um just lift her up as high as you can." fangs says and sweet pea successfully grabs her and pulls her out of the basement. emily and gianna both climb out and i can hear the door leading to the basement fly open. i see a glimpse of nick and i can tell he's furious.

"run guys!" i yell and we all run to either the van or our bikes. i hop in the back of the van and look at toni whose sitting next to me with evi in her lap.

"she's unconscious." toni whispers.

"we're going the hospital." kevin says over the walkie talkie. we zoom away from the house and i feel a bit relieved. vivi is sobbing and sitting on veronica's lap and juliet is also crying but she's in the back sitting with the teens.

"what happened?" veronica asks quietly.

"he threw us in the basement and didn't say much. he took ev with him to go upstairs. after like an hour or something he threw her back down the stairs and she was all bloody and had bruises everywhere. we tried shaking her to wake up but she wouldn't." juliet tries to explain while crying.

"did he say why he took you guys in he first place?" tones asks.

"he said he had unfinished business with you all. he wanted to make you guys miserable while he was off tormenting us. he said he was making you pay." she sniffles.

"pay for what?" i whisper to myself.

"guys we're here!" kevin says and we all get out of the van.

"we need someone to help her. she's unconscious!" jughead screams when we get into the hospital.

a bunch of nurses rush in and take her into a room. we give the lady at the front desk all her information and everything and then sit down.

i look at my phone and see i have a text from angelica.

over text
a: are you guys ok? i thought you would be back by now. it's almost 2 am
c: we're at the hospital
a: what why?
c: evianna was unconscious when we found her
a: omg is she ok?
c: no idea. vivian and juliet are ok though. there just a little shaken up
a: oh ok
c: how's everything back at the house? and why are you still awake?
a: the kids are freaking out a little bit and wanted to know if you guys were ok. also grace had a really bad nightmare
c: is she ok now?
a: eh. we're working on it
c: ok just get some sleep please. and make sure all the kids know that we're ok
a: k i love you
c: love you too
off text

"babe you ok?" toni asks me. "yea ang was just texting me. "she's not asleep?" she asks. "nope apparently grace had a nightmare and then the rest of the kids were scared that we were hurt since we aren't home yet." i explain. "oh." she sighs.

"what's up with you?" i ask and put my arm around her. "i'm just nervous." she confesses. "yea me too." i say.

two hours later
we've all been sitting here for ever just waiting for an answer. we're all so tired and just want to sleep to be honest.

"parents of evianna blossom-topaz?" a nurse asks and me and toni stand up.

"that's us. is she ok?"

A/n: what should happen to ev? her fate is up to you guys 😶

sorry for the cliffhanger but it had to be done. again no insta posts because the ending of this chap is supposed to be sad.