we all cry sometimes

cheryl's pov

it's been 2 months since we've gone to disney and everything is back to normal. betty is 9 months pregnant and 1 week away from her due date. the baby can be here any day now and we're honestly all so excited.

it's currently a saturday night and varchie's family is over for dinner. all of the kids were upstairs together and me, toni, veronica, and archie were all talking in the kitchen while preparing some of the food.

"we have some news." archie says out of no where. "archie i thought we weren't gonna tell them." veronica whispers. "tell us what?" i say. "um." archie mumbles. "come on. now you have to tell us." toni says. they both look at each other and nod.

"so me and archie were thinking about having another kid." veronica says. "that's amazing guys. congrats!!!" i say. "oh my god congratulations!" toni says.

"well actually we weren't going to have our own. we were thinking about adopting." archie says.

"ahhhh yes! do it!" i scream. "yes please do it! it's the best experience ever." toni says. "we are. we got in touch with a social worker and they inspected our house and everything. we've also been doing some online classes and paper work. they have a little baby girl who they think would be perfect for us." veronica says.

"awwww oh my god!" i say and go to hug both of them and so does toni. "this is incredible i can't even believe this is happening." toni says. "it feels so good to get off my chest. we haven't told anyone yet." archie says. "we're the first to know?" i ask. "yea. we were going to tell betty and jughead but betty's due date is really close and apparently she's been going crazy and jughead said she doesn't want anyone over." ronnie explains. "aw this is so special." i say.

"it is. but we haven't told any of our kids yet." archie says. "do you think they'll be happy?" toni asks. "i honestly have no idea. it can go either way." veronica sighs. "when are you going to tell them?" i ask. "we want to them soon." v says.

"we can tell them at dinner." archie says. "yea! this way all the kids find out together." toni says. "ok let's do that." veronica says. we finish getting dinner ready and now everyone is sitting at the table eating.

"we actually have some news to tell everyone." archie says. "ok what is it?" tayleigh asks. "before we say it just promise that you will keep an open mind. especially our kids." archie says. everyone either nods or says ok.

"we are thinking about having another baby." veronica says. "oh my god mom are you pregnant?" lea gasps. "um no but we wanted to adopt." ronnie says. "lea covers her mouth with her hands and starts crying. "are you happy?" archie asks. "yea i'm really happy." she says and goes over to hug her parents.

"wow this is so awesome. we're gonna have another tiny baby running around." fred says excitedly.

"no. i don't want it." viv says. "vivi your going to be a big sister!" i say excitedly. she starts crying and i can see how heartbroken veronica and archie are right now. "mija your going to love being a big sister. it's going to be so much fun i promise." veronica says. both her and archie stand up and go over to her chair.

"no! i don't want you guys." viv says and starts hitting them. "vivian do you want to have a consequence for hitting?" archie says. "i don't care! i just want my parents back!" she says and runs upstairs.

we all just sit in silence for a moment. "so that didn't go as planned." veronica says and slumps back into her chair. "did you actually expect her to be happy about that though?" fred asks. "well not really." archie says.

"don't yell at her for it. she has a right to be sad. i would be too and i wouldn't want my parents yelling at me for wanting to stay the baby of the family." evi says. we're all a little shocked by her response. ev gets out of her chair and runs upstairs.