despite everything

A/n: yes i know this a choni book but i've been getting so many requests to talk more about varchie so that's what this whole chapter is. sorry if you don't like this but it's just something new i thought i'd try :)

veronica's pov

you know those days where you feel like nothing is going your way and you just want to redo everything?

today is one of those days.

it's a saturday morning and so far fred was late to early morning football practice, lea has asked me about 10 times if she can hang out with her friends, and vivi flipped over her entire bowl of cereal and it went everywhere.

"fred let's go. your already late." archie says and takes the keys off the side table next to the door. "i'm coming!" fred shouts and runs don the stairs with his practice bag. him and archie leave and i'm still sitting here cleaning up the mess viv made.

"mom kayla's asking me to hang out." lea says while eating her breakfast at the kitchen island. "i heard you the first 10 times lea. if you can get uncle kev or fangs to pick you up and bring you to there house that's fine but i'm not driving you. i have no time for that." i say frustratedly.

"alright i'll ask. i don't know why your being so moody." she says. "you want to know why? it's because i'm currently sitting on the floor cleaning up cheerios and milk that your sister decided to spill." i say. "ok great let's just give her up for adoption already." lea says and rolls her eyes.

"shut up you bitch." vivi screams. "vivian elizabeth do not say that." i say strictly. "you say it all the time." she argues. she's honestly not wrong. "i'm an adult." i say. it's the easiest thing i can say. "so am i." viv says. "your 5. your not even close to an adult." lea says.

i finish cleaning up the mess and throw everything in the garbage. i take her bowl away but she stops me. "what am i supposed to eat?" she asks. "you should've thought of that before you threw it on the floor." i say.

"sorry. i was mad." she says. "like always." lea mumbles. "i'm not always mad. it's only sometimes." vivi says. "if sometimes means 24/7 then yes." lea says. "your trying to get me mad on purpose!" viv says and crosses her arms. "maybe. but then it makes you look bad and me look good. it's called strategy." lea says. "your the worst big sister ever!" vivi screams and slams her hands on the table.

"hey! both of you stop it right now. your driving me insane. just stop fighting." i say. "so can i go to kayla's house." lea asks. "i said yes already." i say. "ok sweet. i'm going to get ready." lea says and goes upstairs. "your appointment is in 20 minutes viv. go get dressed. i have clothes picked out for you on your bed." i say and she goes upstairs.

we have a follow up appointment with a specialist who has been helping viv with her anger overload. she doesn't usually like going to the doctor so i'm hoping she doesn't fight me on this one.

i clean up the kitchen a little bit more and go upstairs to see if viv is done getting dress. when i walk into her room she's playing with her dollhouse on the floor. still in her pajamas.

"viv i told you to get dressed." i say. "i can't do it." she says with her eyes still glued to her dolls. "your 5 years old. you can put on your own clothes." i say. "not today." she says. "we have to be at the doctors in 15 minutes." i say and take her clothes off her bed to hand them to her.

"no! i want to stay in my pajamas!" she shouts. "you have to wear actual clothes outside. i'm not letting you go out it pajamas." i say calmly because i don't want to yell at her. she throws her doll on the floor and grabs the clothes out of my hands.

i just ignore her attitude and walk out of the room. at least she's putting on clothes. i go into my own room and get dressed and do my hair. it doesn't take that long so once i'm done i go back into vivi's room. thank god she's finally dressed.