keep the ones you love close

A/n: i know i said that this chapter was going to be the rest of the kids meeting each other but i decided to write about something a little different instead. i promise that next chapter will be what i originally had planned. enjoy :)

toni's pov

betty, jughead, and there kids decided to go home after dinner but they left juniper, dagwood, and cora with us for the night because it was a friday, which means the weekend. once they left we got all the kids into bed since it was really late anyway. me and cheryl also went to bed.

i was woken up when i heard cries coming from someone's room. i wasn't actually sure who. i looked at the time and saw it was 2:30 am. i groaned to myself and got out of bed which woke cheryl. "tt where are you going?" she asks. "someone's crying." i say and she nods.

i walk into the hallway and i found out the noise was coming from cora's room.

"you ok cora?" i say while walking into her room. "where's junie and dag?" she asks and looks around the room. "there sleeping in there own rooms. did you need something." i ask. "i had a nightmare." she says quietly and looks down. "it's ok. nightmares aren't real. your safe. i promise." i say and walk over to her bed.

"i want junie." she says. "juniper is sleeping right now. she needs her rest since it was a long day." i tell her. i didn't want cora to wake her up since we adopted them and juniper and dagwood shouldn't have to parent cora anymore. it wasn't fair to them as 16 year olds.

"i need someone to cuddle with though." she says sadly. "would you like to come sleep with me and cheryl?" i ask and run my fingers through her hair. "i don't want to bother you." she says. "don't worry your not." i say. "um ok." she says and slides out of bed. i take her hand and walk back into my room.

"we have another roommate tonight." i say and help cora up on the bed. "aw what happened sweetie?" cheryl asks. "nightmare." she answers quietly. cora climbs in between both of us and we all start to settle into bed until we see the door open.

"sorry i'll just go back to bed." grace says after seeing cora sleeping with us.

normally grace would be the one to come sleep with us after a nightmare. she is older now but she's been through so much past trauma so we make exceptions for her.

"no no it's ok gracie come here." i say and she walks in and sits on cheryl's side of the bed. "did you have a nightmare too?" cora asks. "yea." grace sighs. "you were adopted right?" cora asks. grace nods. "are your nightmares about your family before this one too?" she asks. cora nods.

"i know that can be hard sometimes but it gets a lot better. especially since we now have the best family on the planet." grace says and climbs to the middle so that she's next to cora. me and cheryl are just looking at each other smiling.

"i'm just scared sometimes." cora says. "luckily both of us had great older siblings to help us through everything that happened." grace says. "yea they pretty much raised me." cora says. "ella raised me too." gracie says.

"your so much like me." cora says.

"i know. you can talk to me whenever you need to." grace smiles. "ok. your mature for an 8 year old." cora says. "not really. i did just come into my mom's room so i could sleep with them." grace laughs. "well besides that." cora says. "i don't know i guess trauma helps with maturity." grace shrugs.

"you are very mature gracie. we're very proud of you." cheryl says and kisses her head. we all start to get ready to fall asleep until we hear a loud scream.

"this is like the second time today." cheryl says. "well it's most likely about something else this time." i say. "can you go get her babe?" cher asks. "of course." i say and go into ev's room.