nationals day one pt. 2

A/n: even though i'm a dancer some of this stuff may not be too accurate i got kinda lazy lmao

this time ev, cora, and viv change out of there costume and into the production costume. they don't perform that dance until much later but they decided to wear it anyway.

grace's first dance of the day is her lyrical group dance. the costume is a beautiful off white dress (seen in insta post below) and the hair piece is a cluster of flowers. grace gets changed into her costume and toni is pinning the headpiece on.

"i think i have to go to the practice room now." grace says and slips her turners on her feet. "ok go ahead." i say and she runs off. ev pulls on my arm and i look down at her. "what are we supposed to do?" ev asks. "go play with the big girls." i say and she goes to sit with gianna. cora is also sitting with amelia.

"mommy i don't want this in my hair!" viv says and tries to take her bun out. "viv no you need that for your next dance." veronica says. "i don't like it!" she whines. "do you want to come outside with me to go see daddy?" ronnie asks her. vivi nods and veronica picks her up. "i'm coming too. i need some air." i say and follow veronica out.

we find all the boys in the lobby but none of the kids who aren't dancing are there. "where's the kids?" i ask. "they went exploring the hotel." fangs says. veronica puts vivi down and she runs to archie.

"what's up?" he asks and she doesn't answer. "she's tired and complaining about her hair." veronica says and archie nods. "when is grace going on?" jughead asks. "probably soon." i say.

not even 10 seconds after that grace's group comes out with there teacher which i guess that means there getting ready to go backstage. i catch up with toni and katie who is holding ev on her hip. we walk downstairs and grace comes over to us.

"good luck gracie!" i say and give her a hug. "we love you and your going to do amazing as always." toni says and she smiles. "thanks! bye!" she says and runs to catch up with her group. we go into the auditorium and sit down.

"coming to the stage now is entry 229 praying." the announcer says and we clap. grace is the first one to come out and start the dance. the whole time i can't help but think how proud i am of her. this is one of my favorite dances grace does because she shows so much emotion. they finish dancing and we all clap and leave the auditorium.

she comes running out and runs into our arms. "you did amazing!" i say. "thank you!" she says. "we're so proud of you kiddo." sweet pea says and fist bumps her. "we have to get ready for your next dance." toni says and we all go back upstairs again.

this time grace has two dances with only one number in between so she has a quick change in the small dressing room closer to the stage. she got changed into her jazz costume which was a waitress costume and she had a menu as a prop. "let's go girls! and don't forget your other costume!" michelle says.

honestly this whole day is getting rushed. that's what dance competitions are like though. especially nationals. i think gianna, emily, amelia, and juniper are getting tired of going back and fourth from the auditorium to the dressing room but there not complaining. there having fun talking amongst themselves and keeping cora and vivi entertained.

evi hasn't left katie's hip since she's gotten off stage. probably because me and cher are both occupied with grace and sometimes she just has her preferences.

we get out of the dressing room again and walk downstairs. lea, ella, and angelica are going backstage this time with grace so they can help here with her quick change. the rest of us go into the auditorium and gets seats.

"coming to the stage now is entry number 187 this is what's on the menu." the announcer says and graces group comes on stage. they dance and basically do everything perfectly as always. we clap when she's done but this time we all wait in the auditorium instead of going out to see her because she has a quick change.