tantrums, tantrums, tantrums

A/n: sorry this is a long chapter. i got kind of carried away. also it's pretty much all about evianna. i don't know why i just find her super cute and fun to write about.

cheryl's pov

having a lot of kids is a whole lot of fun but it's very stressful. it's hard to go out with every single one of us. one of our biggest challenges is shopping together. our family and all of our friends are going on a weekend trip this friday and we have to buy a bunch of snacks and other necessities for the road trip. right now we were all sitting in the target parking lot about to go in.

"ok i need everyone to be on there best behavior. we need to stay on track and not get distracted." i said to everyone. i received a chorus of yeses and we got out of the car.

"mommy carry me." ev said with her arms stretched out to me. "your going in the cart evabear." i explained which she was not happy about. i picked her up and placed her in the child seat in the front of the cart and toni put aiden next to her. (it was a double seated cart btw).

we walked into the store but grace stopped dead in her tracks causing all of us to stop. "everything ok?" i asked her. "there's a lot of people in there." she says and plays with her hands. "it's ok. stores aren't scary. you'll be fine." toni said and picked her up to make her feel safer. "hey that's not fair. i want to get carried. i don't like carts!" evi says and pouts. "sorry not today baby." i say and continue walking.

"brandon and liam can you guys do me a favor and look for any snacks you'd like? ang and ella you can too. and take tayleigh with you." toni says and they all run off. "i want toys." aiden said and attempted to get out of the cart. "buddy we're here to get food not toys." i say and he crosses her arms.

"TOYS!" ev screams and me and toni just stare at each other. luckily no one in the store was watching this go down. "nope we're getting food." i say and continue pushing the cart into the frozen foods isle.

"noooo mommy i want toyssssss." aiden whines and jumps up and down in his seat. grace is just staying silent on toni's hip, content as ever. it was getting pretty late at night so it made sense that the little ones would be either super fussy or super tired.

i proceeded to pick up all the snacks we needed and put them in the cart while toni tried her best to get ev and aiden to calm down. aiden calmed down a little bit but ev was restless. "toy! toy! toy!" she shouted as toni attempted to get her to be even the slightest bit quieter.

"moms what's going on?" ang asked after rounding the corner with the rest of the kids. "they want us to buy them toys. you guys can put all the snacks you picked out in the cart." i told them and they placed the items in. "no food. toys!" evi said causing all of us to shush her.

"we're all going to the bathroom moms." brandon said referring to all of the older kids and tayleigh. "me too." grace said and toni placed her down on her feet. "ok we're about to go checkout. meet us there." i called to them as they walked away.

"can we please have toys." aiden asked and made puppy dog eyes. "how about you can watch paw patrol on my phone bud." toni compromised and he smiled after she handed over the phone. i handed my phone to ev figuring she'd want to watch something as well but i was very wrong. she threw it on the floor and started crying and saying "i want toys" over and over again.

"ok that's enough. if you don't stop screaming right now i'm taking away your baba tonight." toni threatened. we never punished our kids in any harmful ways obviously because of our pasts and we agreed that talking it out is a healthy way of discipline.

evianna wasn't saying anything just sitting there crying. aiden seemed unfazed probably because he knew that he throws his own tantrums all the time too.