the suprise!

A/n: cute evianna is back in this chapter y'all. thank me later :)

cheryl's pov

i just finished my photo shoot today and was on my way to pick up evi from school. aiden stayed home today due to a minor cold he had. i was running a little late but hopefully she wouldn't mind. when i reached the school i saw ev was the last kid standing outside and i felt kind of bad.

"hi i'm so sorry i'm late." i apologized to her teacher. "it's alright. i heard aiden was sick today. i hope he feels better." the teacher tells me. "thank you. i'll let him know." i said and took ev's hand. we started walking to the car.

"how was school today evabear?" i asked my five year old.

"fine." she responded and didn't look up from the ground. "tell me what you did. i want to hear all about it!" i say a lot more enthusiastic than her. she didn't say anything and leaned closer into me while still walking.

that was a clear sign that something was wrong.

"can you carry me?" she asked finally looking up at me. "of course." i said and adjusted her onto my hip. she didn't really like being carried anymore so i was surprised when she asked that. she leaned as close to me as she possibly could and now i was getting really concerned. i didn't want to push anything though.

"is everyone home already?" she asked as i placed her in her booster seat. "mostly. brandon and liam have football practice. everyone else is home though. who were you hoping to see?" i ask curiously. "aiden." she answers and i nod.

the car ride home was unusually quiet but i didn't want to say anything. as soon as we got to the house ev ran inside and straight to aiden's room. i made my way to kitchen where i found toni starting on dinner.

"hey babe." i say and hang up my keys. " hey cher. how'd everything go?" she asks. "actually it was not good." i say truthfully. "oh no. what happened?" she sighs. "i'm not really sure. evianna was just not herself today." i say.

"are you new here? she hasn't been herself since we moved." toni said. "yea but that's not the problem. she actually wanted me." i explain. "what do you mean she wanted you?" tones asks. "she asked me to carry her. and she was being clingy." i say.

"really? that's the closest we've gotten to two year old ev since we've been in california." she says sounding excited. "i know i'm happy. but i'm concerned. she seemed upset." i said.

"mom?" angelica calls our while walking into the kitchen. "yea?" toni asks. "evi's acting's weird. and so is aiden. they both just came into my room and asked a bunch of questions. then ev sat on my lap and cuddled into me. something is wrong." ang says dramatically. "we know. we just don't know what it's about yet. what questions did they ask you?" i asked trying to get some answers.

"they asked if they were real siblings to each other." she says and i immediately know what's going on. "well i'm proud of you for not telling them the answer like the time you told tayleigh i wasn't actually related to her." toni says and we all laugh a little remembering that moment.

"yea i know that was bad. but i'm happy that ev is feeling herself again. it just sucks because i'm pretty sure she's upset over something." ang says. "yea me too. we'll get to the bottom of it though." i say. we continued talking until evianna walked into the kitchen.

"hi baby girl how was your day?" toni coos at her and bends down to her level. ev immediately wraps her arms around her neck and rests her head on her shoulder. toni stood up with her in her arms and swayed a little.

"it was ok." ev mumbled into toni's shoulder. "that's good to hear. can you tell me what you did?" toni asks. "learned some math and colored pictures." ev responds. "that sounds like fun. can i see your picture?" i asked her. she went quiet and didn't say anything after that. "um alright well i have to finish making dinner so you can go do whatever you want before you have to eat." toni says and puts her down.