Part 12

Only 2 days felt for them to leave India. Arnav was spending time with all including Gupta's as now they also become so close to the Raizada's, though he spent his time with Khushi but didn't have a conversation with her directly with the fact when they are alone too. It was night and he is becoming restless and he has no idea, why? He knows that he started liking her and on the first sight itself he felt attraction towards her. He was restlessly pacing in his balcony and suddenly looked at her room only to see her sitting on the sofa with the basket ball in her hands then something clicked in his mind and did something in his phone and waited for few moments to hear a beep sound of his phone and after seeing something he left the place and entered Gupta residency with a smile. When he reached the basket ball court of the house which is at the side of the building there he saw Khushi standing with the basket ball in her hands and waiting for him.

He texted her saying basket ball match? Then she replied sure (with a smile symbol).

"Hi" said Arnav.

"Hi" replied Khushi.

"So, what were you doing up in your room sitting with the ball in your hands?" asked Arnav and this is the first time he is talking with her so freely while taking the place to sit beside where she is sitting.

Firstly, she was jerked asking her that question as she was thinking about him leaving in 2 days and secondly, she got scared as he sat beside her. She came back from her thoughts after hearing him asking

"You still didn't reply".

"Ah, nothing special just thinking about.....the... new college, that's it. Why are you asking that and how did you know what I was doing in my room?" first she answered with a stammer and then asked him directly looking in his eyes with her hands on her hip and little anger.

He definitely fell for her right at that moment seeing her standing in front of him with the hands on her hips and the red nose which is due to the little anger on how did he know about her doing in the room.

"Actually, I was in my room's balcony which is opposite to your room, saw you sitting on the sofa as I was not getting sleep and thought that you also won't be getting sleep so wanted to give a try and texted you then you also replied me saying sure" said Arnav with half truth. His explanation reduced her anger and smiled at him then replied,

"Then let's start the game". Saying both went to the middle of the court and stood opposite to each other.

"Well, must say that you really play good" said Arnav taking his position.

"Thank you" said Khushi with a smile as this was the first time that he directly praised her and that too when they are alone.

"So, let's start" saying he threw the ball up and Khushi took the ball and started going towards her basket by dribbling but suddenly Arnav took the hold of the ball coming from behind her saying "not so soon Khushi Kumari Gupta" with a smile and Khushi was like what the... being with Arnav she too started saying what the... only when he does something like this kind only the presence of her. She started chasing him and by tricking him took the hold of ball and made a basket from where she stood and to make one basket, it took half an hour for both of them to make a basket. Khushi jumped in joy as she is the one who made the basket. From the time they played first match in the college and till now Khushi came to that he is a very good player and mostly they made the basket for their teams.

Seeing her jumping like a kid, he smiled heart fully and marked this smile in his heart as he is going to miss her for 2 or more years.

They played for some more time and suddenly they heard a ringing tone then Arnav turned to her and said "HAPPY BIRTHDAY KHUSHI" with a box in his hand giving to her. Hearing this she was really shocked as how he knew when is her birthday? Then seeing the box in his hand she smiled broadly and said

"Thank you so much" saying she took the box which he gave and added "how do you know that today is my birthday?"

"Well, I won't lie. I heard Payal and others discussing about your birthday this noon and then I came to know" said Arnav with a smile.

"Oh! Thanks for the Jalebis" said Khushi with a big smile as she saw the Jalebis in the box and that too from her favorite shop.

Suddenly everything got black as the light went off and Khushi held Arnav's hand tightly as she has a fear of darkness and he knew it. He held her other hand by saying some soothing words and suddenly they heard "HAPPY BIRTHDAY KHUSHI" and saw everyone including Raizada's at the other end of the court then Akash, NK, Aman started spraying the snow spray from three different ends of her. Shashi came forward and Khushi bended down to take his blesses but he stopped her and gave a key by wishing her. Khushi looked at him with a question mark face as if asking what this key of? Then Shashi moved aside to let her see what he gifted her and on seeing her favorite scooty she screamed aloud and hugged him tightly saying a non-stop thank you. Everyone watching her started laughing and by taking turns everyone wished her and then Garima and Madhumati brought a chocolate cake which is her favorite in a trolley...

She took the knife and closed her eyes to wish that always everyone must be happy as now then opened her eyes to see everyone are looking at her with a smile and signaling her to cut the cake as there wanted to taste the yummy cake. By smiling she cut the cake and everyone started singing the song of happy birthday. First Shashi made her to have a bit then Khushi and every elder came and made her to have a bite with their hands and at last all the youngsters took the turns and made her eat excluding Arnav as he was taking snaps. Akash signaled NK and Aman to come to her side and took a piece of cake and applied on her face. Everyone seeing this had a great laugh and all the elders left the place leaving them to have fun as they won't get this time again in the next two years. Everyone thanked Garima and Madhumati for the cake and Khushi gave them a big hug then left that place.

Everyone started applying on each other and left was Arnav as he don't like that but Khushi is not scared of him so silently went behind him and applied the cake on his face and Arnav shouted "What the hell".