Part 91

Engagement, All the arrangements got completed before it's time for the engagement. The youngsters patted themselves for completing and arranging everything before the time.

Shyam: why are you feeling so happy, NK?

NK: finally, the great ASR's marital status is going to change... he said with a glee.

Arnav was confused in thinking that what difference does it make if his marital status changes?

Aman: don't get confuse Arnav. Let me clear it. Actually, the thing is, most of the girls is drooling over the name of ASR and has a huge fan following in both designing and non-designing fields. No one is bothered to have a look at the married men and in our batch you are the only one whose status is single or to say no one knew officially that you are no more single. So, NK was getting JEALOUS seeing the girls drooling over you.

Arnav: that's so stupid. I'm not getting how come Lavanya have fallen for you out of all the men?

Lavanya: Aw, don‟t mind him NK. She said side hugging him. You need someone to handle you properly, so I thought who can it be better than me as we know each other from childhood (she said lovingly), and to smack you when needed (she said hitting him on his arm and said with gritting teeth).

NK: baby, what did I do?

Lavanya: don‟t you have shame to be jealous of your cousin?

Sheetal: you are expecting some shame from NK Bhai? Did you ever see him that feeling in him?

Payal: I agree, he doesn't feel shame for anything even to kiss his beloved in the presence of everyone. She teased Lavanya and NK.

NK: why should I? I kissed MY wife.

Aman: NK, they meant that you don't have shame to do anything.

NK: that's so great of me. Isn't it? He said proudly. Akash downed his hands before NK. Arnav ignored NK and was waiting to see

Khushi; he didn't get a chance to talk to her. He had seen her when the ladies went to temple that morning.

Mami: what are you all doing here without getting ready?

Akash: mother, we were talking about your beloved nephew, NK and his shamelessness. Anjali: then you can get lots of time after the ceremony get ends. Now go and freshen up. An hour left for the guests to arrive and we need to go to their house.

Aman: Di, you are saying as if their house is miles away. He said with a chuckle.

Lavanya: just across the road.

NK: baby, if you start getting ready from now then we can make them engage and change their marital status.

Anjali smacked his arm slightly: why are you always behind him?

Payal: he feels that your beloved brother has a huge fan following of girls, on field and off field.

Anjali: that doesn't make any sense. Aman: but it does to him, he said hi-fiving with Akash.

Shyam: Arnav, aren't eager to meet your beloved to be fiancé? Arnav nodded. Then go and get ready. Arnav stood up and left the place pushing NK on his way purposefully on the floor.

Arnav: oh! Sorry, didn't see you. He said faking a smile but didn't give his hand to help.

NK: you will pay for this. Arnav shrugged and left to his room to get ready, to make Khushi as his officially. After couple of hours, GR, The living room was filled with guests and hustle bustle. Relatives, office staff of AR and GD, their business partners all were invited as this would be the last marriage in their house of that generation... Raizada's entered in and welcomed by Shyam and Shashi. Arnav felt little weird to Shyam and Shashi welcoming him with respect.

Akash: relax bhai, no need to feel weird seeing this respect. This feeling will be having for this moment but not further. He whispered to Arnav as he too felt the same when he entered in on his engagement so he can understand what his brother might be thinking and feeling. Arnav smiled at him and felt relaxed and took an ease to accept the upcoming events. Arnav was getting irritated as Khushi didn't come down, it's been an hour almost he entered but still she didn't come in front of him. Firstly, they didn't talk from morning and secondly, she was still up in her room. Arnav: hell!! What the hell is she doing up till now? He muttered to himself.

Nani: don't worry Chote, it's her day, let her take time.

Arnav: even my day too if it's her day. She never takes such long time then why is she taking now? Nani couldn't say anything further as she saw her beloved grandson's lady love has shown up finally making his wait to end.

Nani: Chote... she made him to turn around to see his lady love coming down accompanied by Lavanya, Payal, Sheetal and Anjali. Arnav just stopped at her and looking her from head to toe who dressed in a red and blue combination lehenga-choli with a beautiful work done on it which was definitely a unique piece to select in such a short time. Adored with head chain, necklace and a pair of earrings, and bangles which was perfect match for the dress.

NK: gorgeous, right? Arnav: truly. Akash and Aman smiled seeing the ASR fully lost in his to be fiancé/current girl friend.

Akash: bhai, if you stop starting at her then can we move to stage to start the ring ceremony? Akash broke his trance and then looked around to see that everyone was smiling at him. He moved forward and put his hand out in front of Khushi who was blushing highly seeing his dare asking for her hand. Shashi took her hand kept it in his hand.

Shashi: you can trust him as I do. He said winking at his daughter and to be son-in-law.

Khushi smiled and then thought of fun: what is he fights with me?

Shashi: then you will be having a legal right to do anything of him. He said side hugging her and hi-fiving with Payal, Lavanya and Sheetal.

Garima: what non-sense are you teaching her? She said to Shashi faking irritation.

Garima: and you, you are the to-be bride so behave like one, stop you fun act. At least till the guests are here. She said scolding Khushi.

Nani: Garima, what is this? Let her do what she wants, now come let's start the ceremony. Khushi, Arnav, come. The family stood on the stage, all the boys, mami, mama, Anjali and nani by Arnav's side and all the girls, Garima, Shashi, buaji, Shyam on Khushi's side, Dia stood in between Arnav and Khushi. They exchanged the rings and smiled looking at each other still hold Khushi's hand in his.

NK: kiss her. He whispered in his ear making him to look back in horror and leave Khushi's hand.

NK: what? Kiss her. If you think it as a challenge then take it as same.

Arnav: whatever.

NK: the ASR is backing off from taking a challenge? Not a good thing. He provoked him.

Arnav: everyone is here, how can I?

NK: that's your problem. He left from there followed by others and dragging Khushi with them. Later, all got busy in attending guests and introducing the family to their business partners who never met before. Arnav scanned the hall completely and was just waiting for Khushi to just cross him. To his luck, Khushi was called by someone and has to cross him in the way; he looked at NK who was standing little away from him with the gang and looking at him curiously at his every move as he said what Arnav was going to do. He put his leg on her way and made her to trip over and also made sure it would look perfectly like an accident. He held her from her waist and pulled up to his face from falling down and without wasting a second pecked her lips and leaned back making it clearly look as an accidentally happening. Khushi gasped of the happening as she had no clue of what had happened and before she could give a thought to it, she felt his lips pecking hers. Arnav looked around to see whether they had any onlookers except the six, to his luck no one see them and his act and then he turned at the six and saw their shocked faces. The six were shocked to even say or do anything as they too couldn't make it clear was that accident or it was his plan?