Part 74

Arnav entered behind her and stopped hearing her sneezes... the first thing he did was checking around for Garima and Buaji then he heard Shashi saying...

Shashi: Garima and jiji are at your place. He said without looking at him but eyeing Khushi.

Khushi thanked god for the absence of her mom and buaji for the first time.

Khushi: Papa... saying she came to him and sat on the armrest of his chair and circling her arms around his neck.

Shashi: don't papa me... he said removing her arms.

Payal: Papa, relax... and you (Arnav)... don't you know what happens to her when she has Kulfi...

Arnav: I swear I warned her...

Khushi: Aw... no jiji, he asked me to have one...

Arnav: Really??!!! He knows that she always does this to all...

Giving a lame excuse, Khushi escaped to her room without looking at Arnav.

Shashi: aur khilao use... now you are going to answer Garima, if she asks anything.

Payal: loving is not just enough, need to bare all the tantrums... All the best.

Arnav gave whatever looks to her and rushed to Khushi's room but not before taking the hot water for her on Payal's instruction.

Arnav knocked on the door but Khushi didn't open and that irked him a lot.

Arnav: Khushi, open the door. 

Khushi: no I won't.

Arnav: Khushi, open the door, damn it!!

Khushi: first promise that you won't bash me.

Arnav: seriously, you are crazy.

Khushi: I know. 

Arnav: open the door... okay fine. I won't say anything. Open.

Khushi opened the door but blocked him from entering in.

Arnav: what the!! 

Khushi: what?? 

Arnav: let me in. 

Khushi gave him a way and he entered in. The first thing he did was making her drink the hot water and gave the anti dose for her cold.

Arnav went away from her, she thought that he was going back but he came back locking the door.

Khushi: why did you lock the door? 

Arnav: I warned you before; if anyone scolds then you won't be spared.

Khushi: you didn't get any.

Arnav: really??!!! What was that you said earlier? I was the one who asked you to have it? Hmmm

Khushi: Arnav, I... I... didn't... mean... to.

Khushi was stepping back and he was coming towards her till she hit the bed and fell on it, following her he to fell on her but balanced himself on his elbows without weighting himself on her.

Arnav: now tell me... will you ever ask me... no... will you ever ask anyone to buy you one?

Khushi: yes. She replied excitedly and in the second sneezed.

Arnav closed him eyes and turned his face, then noticed that her red nose coming back to its normal state.

Arnav: if aunty gets to know this that you catch cold then she gonna give you a nice lecture.

Khushi: if she gets to know... 

He noticed that her sneezing got reduced and if she gets a sound sleep then she will be all good and no one gets to know that she caught cold.

He saw her eyes getting closed but she was keeping them open just to be with him.

Arnav: sleep. 

Khushi nodded as no.

He made her lie properly and tugged the blanket and made her sleep in the center of the bed. He picked up the empty glass and walked down closing the door.

Payal: slept? 

Arnav nodded. 

Shashi: but she didn't have anything.

Payal: I'll boil the milk and give her.

Shashi: no. let him do.

Arnav: what the!!!

Payal laughed at him and gave hi-five to her father.

Shashi: kyun? Bohut shoukh hain na, use pamper karne ki... karo...

Arnav: and you are telling me this? He said folding his hands.

Payal: that's because he got his treat when last time Khushi had Kulfi... and that too when she was down with fever... maa just did opposite to what he said till Khushi got well.

Arnav raised his brows and looked at Shashi who nodded in agreement.

Shashi: now stop wasting time and do work and that too before your buaji and aunty comes.

Arnav entered the kitchen and looked around as he never entered before. He saw a servant chopping vegetables.

Servant: what do you want, Arnav baba?

Arnav: kaka, a glass of milk.

Kaka: okay, give me a min.

Payal: no. kaka, you won't do anything, let him do.

Kaka: what? No... no... 

Arnav: it's okay, tell me what I need.

Payal: do it yourself...

Arnav: come on now... don't be too much...

Payal: okay fine... with that she went.

With the assistance of kaka, Arnav boiled a glass of milk and went to Khushi's room earning teasing looks from Payal and Shashi.

He opened the door and entered in, keeping the glass on the side table and tried waking up her.

Arnav: Khushi, wake up... drink this milk and sleep...

She turned to the other side and slept. Getting irritated pulled her towards him and forcefully made her to drink the milk and she drank with a sulky face but in her sleep... after completing it Arnav kept the glass side and turned to tug the blanket but she pulled him and hugging his arm slept.

He was not getting what to do, he don't want her sleep to disturb and also can't stay in her room. Later, gave up and looking at her cute pout face he too placed himself straight and slept beside her.

Downstairs, 

Payal: what is taking him so long? 

Shashi shrugged his shoulders and doing his work. Payal went up and entered the room only to be surprised seeing them sleeping together. Khushi kept her head on his shoulder and hugged his arm, Arnav kept his head on hers and slept. She can expect how he got ended up on the bed but... but... who wants to leave the chance to tease the great ASR... she took a pic in her mobile and sent it to Anjali, Shyam, Akash, Lavanya, Sheetal, NK and Aman.