20 Cookies

Wooyoung sat on San's bed bawling his eyes out as San tried to comfort him. "I think my parents might be getting a divorce...." Wooyoung spoke quietly.

San scoffed, " Isn't that a good thing? You'd be saved from that terrible woman."

Wooyoung paused for a few seconds, lost in his thoughts "All I wanted was a normal family." he mumbled.

San stayed silent as he didn't know how to respond. What he had said was extremely insensitive. Divorce wouldn't just fix everything for Wooyoung, he'd still be scarred from the pain he's already been through.

A knock sounded through the room, grabbing the boys attention. Wooyoung quickly wiped his tears before San went to open the door.

At the door stood San's mother, Mrs. Choi, a plate in hand. San moved aside to let her in.

"I made cookies!" She announced with a smile on her face.

San took the plate from her hands and placed it on his desk. Mrs. Choi looked over to Wooyoung and her smile immediately fell upon seeing his red eyes.

"Wooyoung, honey! Were you crying??" She ran over to him and gently grabbed his cheeks, inspecting his face.

"I'm fine Mrs. Choi, I just slammed my finger in the door." He said with a small giggle.

She let go of him and slowly nodded. She wasn't really convinced but decided to drop it.

San folded his arms and playfully glared at his mother. "You never get this worried for me when I cry!"

"That's because you always cry, there's no reason to worry." She turned and walked to the door, "I've considered taking you back to the store where I brought you."

San looked in her in disbelief and acted as if he were offended. Mrs. Choi laughed as she left, closing the door behind her.

San took a seat next to Wooyoung and the two ate the cookies while watching videos on his laptop.

"Wanna go somewhere on Saturday? I don't to stay home all day.."

"Actually..." San blushed, "I'm going somewhere with Xiumin."

Wooyoung nodded and gave him a small smile. His improved mood had just gotten worse.