San Ending

"So can we meet up?" San repeated.

"Umm.." Xiumin pondered, not knowing what to do.

She was meant to hang out with Wooyoung right now-- he was already waiting for her, but now San had asked to see her. Thinking for a few seconds, leaving an impatient and nervous San on the line quietly, she decided to meet him. I mean, he did say that it's important.

"Sure. Where?"

.
.

The sound of the bell dinging every once in a while kept him on edge. Each time he'd look over to the door hoping to see his favorite person-- the one who seems to control his thoughts now, and each time he'd grow even more anxious as he anticipated her arrival.

Another ding of the bell, but this time he refused to look up. This time, this time it has to be her. He just couldn't force his eyes up in fear of them locking with hers; it would only disorient him more.

The chair in front of him was pulled back as someone went to sit in it. Silver hair. Her familiar silver hair filled his line of vision as it fell loosely over her shoulders and chest. She's here, what does he do now? The plan... what was it? He couldn't remember. He couldn't remember! Should he just make a run for it while he can?

"San," Xiumin spoke out softly, curiosity lacing her words "what'd you have to tell me? You said it was important."

Important. He did say that. It was important... to him, but would she find it as important? "Uhh yeah.. I did, huh?"

She looked at him weirdly, not that he'd see it "You did. So what is it?"

As he stalled, her curiosity grew. She beginning to grow impatient, just wanting him to spit it out. If it was so important, then what's taking him so long to say it?

San stared down at his hands, trying to figure out what to do. Now that she was actually in front of him, everything seemed different, harder. His practice in front of his mirror meant nothing in this moment.

"Why don't we order something first?" he suggested, glancing up at her with a forced smile.

Xiumin blinked at him, confused, but nevertheless, food was calling.

The boy had told her to meet at the bingsu shop. The one they had first talked at. The one where their friendship started to blossom. Xiumin had honestly forgotten about this place as she started to frequent a bingsu place closer to home. San ordered for the both of them as he remembered the order from last time they were there; 'One Cookies and Cream, one Salted Caramel.'

As they ate, San felt Xiumin's gaze constantly on him, boaring holes into his soul. It was like this last time but the other way around. He used to be the one who would stare at her. That's how it all started. She would be there, being the most gorgeous and captivating person in the room to him and all he could do was stare. He was a coward. Now he's a coward with his first love as one of his closest friends.

"San," the girl started sternly. He loved when she spoke his name. It was like music to his ears. He wished he could hear it on repeat. "did you really have something to say to me? Was this just one of those tricks of yours? If you wanted to hang out, you could've just said so. I'm sure Wooyoung wouldn't have minded if you came with us."

Wooyoung? She was going to meet up with Wooyoung? For what? San frowned as he thought. Was Wooyoung planning to confess to her too? San couldn't just let him take her away from him.

Suddenly gaining a surge of courage, San inhaled sharply "I love you." He spoke out quickly and simply as he stared out the window.

All he heard was silence from her. His confidence was dwindling, fast. Why wasn't she saying anything? He looked over at her to see her giggling to herself. Oh, so she was laughing at him. Wait, she's laughing? Why the hell is she laughing?

"Is that what you wanted to tell me? That's what was important?" She asked with a teasing smile.

He looked down at his melting bingsu feeling dejected. Was he that much of a joke to her? He nodded slightly, almost as if he hadn't moved at all.

Xiumin laughed as she looked at him. He looked like a sad puppy to her; one that had thought it's owner was at the door but turns out it was a nosey neighbor.

She gently pat his head, smiling at him "I already know this, Sanie. You've told me before, remember?"

Oh yeah. He did. He tried so hard to erase that day from his mind but she just had to bring it back up.

The girl hopped out of her chair and stood in front of him. "Look at me Sanie." She said gently, but her voice was demanding.

He reluctantly looked up to her continuously smiling face. He felt embarrassed to even think that she would even like him, nonetheless love him. Who does he think he is to love someone like her? He could never be good enough for her. He could never be good enough for anyone, not even himself.

Her hand made its way to his cheek, pulling at his skin as she cooed at him "You're so cute when you're nervous!" She placed a small kiss on the tip of his nose happily, taking the boy by surprise "I love you too, Sanie."

What?

"What?" He asked confused. His thoughts were jumbled. He didn't know what to think, to say.

"I said I love you." She repeated before placing a quick kiss on his hair as it covered his forehead.

He sat there blinking at her, his mouth opening and closing like a fish. He was malfunctioning like a robot splashed with water.

Xiumin sighed teasingly and rolled her eyes "Fine. Since you won't say it I will." She looked back to him, staring at him with eyes that easily displayed her feelings for him "Wanna go out with me San?"

"I- um- you.. you sure?" He asked feeling unsure. Was he dreaming? How could this possibly happen? And to him of all people? The one most undeserving?

"Yeah, are you?"

He nodded in assurance, looking like a bobblehead. "YES! I-I mean yeah, sure."

Xiumin smiled at him for the umpteenth time that half hour they were there and he finally smiled back, looking at her with the same loving eyes.

Would it be wrong for him to say this is the best day of his life?