22 Bitter

San came home to find Mingi, Yunho and Wooyoung sitting in the living room watching TV while eating pizza and chicken.

"What are the two of you doing here?" He asked with a confused expression.

"Mrs.Choi said I could invite them over." Wooyoung responded, not taking his eyes of the TV.

Yunho offered him a smile and Mingi waved at him. San sighed and went upstairs to take a shower and change his clothes.

San walked into his room while drying his hair with a towel. He put on comfortable clothes before going to head back downstairs. As he went to leave his room, he noticed a envelop on his bed. He opened it to see a card with some money in it. The card was from his dad who was away on a business trip.

San opened the card and read it.

Hi my beloved son.

Happy early birthday! I'll be back to see you a little after that.

See you soon.

-Dad

San face immediately lit up as he read the words of his father. He would be home soon and San couldn't be happier. He went downstairs and sat on the floor next to Yunho, a huge smile covering his face.

"What's with you? What happened?" Yunho asked.

"Xiumin must've texted him or something." Mingi teased San.

San was too happy to even glare at his friend. "My dad is coming back for my birthday."

"That's great and all but can you stop smiling like that; it's freaking me out."

San nodded and grabbed a slice of pizza and took a bite of it.

"Anyway, what did the two of you do?" Wooyoung asked. Everyone looked at him confused as to who he was referring to "San and Xiumin."

"Oh, we just went to Lotte World." San answered simply.

"That's all?" Wooyoung continued.

"Yeah."

Wooyoung nodded. This was just the way things were supposed to go but he couldn't help but feel bitter.