25 On the Rooftop

Orihime and Yunho walked up to the rooftop of the apartment building in silence. They had some time to kill before Orihime's mother arrived home.

Orihime walked to the edge and sat on the ledge under a protective railing. She motioned Yunho over and he obliged, though struggling slightly to get his long legs under  the railings causing Orihime to let out a small giggle.

The girl stared down at the world below her; Yunho joining her. The gentle wind blew leaving the two's hair softly swaying in the air. The only sound heard was the cars below, going on with their way.

"Aren't you gonna ask about it?" Orihime spoke, splitting the quiet between the two of them.

Yunho looked over and watched her for a seconds before responding to her, "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to.."

"I don't mind telling you."

She let out a sigh and thought for a few seconds before continuing. "When I was younger... about six or seven, my biological mother took me to a park.."

Orihime and her mother were walking around in a nearby park, holding hands.

The small girl was jumping up and down out of excitement. She was finally going to play with her mother after so long. Her mother was acting weird lately and rarely ever left her room; leaving Orihime by herself as she didn't have a dad.

"Mommy!" She exclaimed as she looked up at her beloved mother, "I wanna play hide and seek!"

The woman softly nodded and told her daughter to go over to a tree and count.

" -9, 10! Ready or not here I come!"

The girl looked around everywhere in the park but couldn't find her mother. She made sure to check everything twice, even thrice but the older women was no where to be found.

"I give up mommy! I can't find you."

But her mother never came to find her.

"I spent a few months on the streets before I was adopted by a lovely couple who had been visiting Japan at the time." Orihime looked at Yunho and gave him a bitter-sweet smile.

"Wow... You're always so happy and positive, I could've never imagined something like that happened to you.."

Orihime let a dry laugh. "Well, every story has two sides to it."