30 His Home

San and Xiumin stood staring at each other with wide eyes. Wooyoung pushed past San and went to greet Mrs. Choi in the living room, not wanting to be there with the two of them any longer.

"Umm.. hi?" Xiumin gave him a small wave with an awkward smile on her face.

San looked down to his feet, feeling shy, and step aside to let her in. Xiumin blinked a couple times before walking in. She had planned to go home after dropping Wooyoung off but she'll just stay over for a little while.

"San! Close the door before you let-" Mrs. Choi halted when she saw Xiumin standing next to San by the front door. "And, who are you?"

Xiumin quickly bowed before greeting her, "My name is Xiumin. I'm friends with Wooyoung and San."

Mrs. Choi eyed her suspiciously. She suddenly went up to Xiumin and hugged her, a huge smile on her face. "I can't believe San finally has a female friend! And she's beautiful!"

San blushed and whined, "Mom~ I have multiple female friends!"

"Your cousins don't count."

Xiumin giggled and went to sit beside Wooyoung on the couch after being let go. San and Mrs. Choi continued to playfully bicker with each other, in their own world.

Xiumin leaned over to Wooyoung and whispered in his ear "Are they always like this?"

Wooyoung shuddered at the feeling of her breath against his ear. She was so close that if he were to simply turn toward her...

He nodded in response to her question, averting his eyes. Xiumin leaned back and watched the endless bickering between her friend and his mother. She watched the two with a smile on her face, her eyes wandering over to San, specifically, every few seconds. San met her gaze and gave her a small smile before going back to his mother.

In this moment, Xiumin was grateful for her inability to blush.