44 Suddenly

Seonghwa lazily walked down the street to the convenience store in the dark of the night. Hongjoong had woke him with a text, asking to meet up.

He was soon met with the bright lights coming from the store. He saw a male figure sitting at a table outside. Upon recognizing the familiar hoodie, he took a seat in front of him.

"Why did you call me out here at twelve in the morning?" Seonghwa asked with yawn.

Hongjoong looked up and gave him a sheepish smile "I couldn't sleep." He looked down as his stomach growled, "And I'm hungry."

Seonghwa quietly laughed before standing up and holding his hand out for the boy in front of him "You're lucky that I bring my wallet with me everywhere, then."

.
.

The two sat in the still night, the only sound heard being Hongjoong slurping on the ramen they shared and the crunch of the chips Seonghwa ate.

Seonghwa sat back and watched the younger boy, admiring his beauty in the moment; how cute he looked in his oversized hoodie and circular glasses, how his hair was a slight mess from rolling around in his bed but still managing to look fluffy and soft, how the light from the window of the store lit up certain parts of his face, enhancing his looks.

This was the time. Finally. Seonghwa knew that he should do it now. No, he HAD to. This isn't how he wanted to do it, but this was the perfect opportunity.

Seonghwa sighed softly before speaking his mind. "I like you."

Hongjoong choked on his noodles, surprised by the sudden confession. "W-what?" He asked with wide eyes.

"I like you."

Hongjoong stared at him, blinking in confusion. Sure Xiumin had told him about Seonghwa's feelings before but he never really took the time to let it sink in.

"If you don't share my feelings, it's perfectly fi-"

"No no no, that's not it!" Hongjoong interrupted, frantically. "I just didn't expect you to say that so suddenly..."

Seonghwa tilted his head to the side. "Then.. do you like me back?"