57 Coward

Xiumin pushed the boy from her lips and stood from the bed, "The hell was that?" She whispered out in disbelief, her face staring to contort into a hurt expression "What is wrong with you?"

San, upon seeing her reaction, slowly moved toward her "I- I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking; it was just heat of the moment." He said apologetically.

She narrowed her eyes at him, disgust glossing over her eyes "Am I some type of competition for you guys? I thought we were all friends.. were you just using me?"

"Xiu-"

"What did you want; popularity, money? Or was it just a pride thing?" Xiumin questioned as her voice started to tremble. "Am I some kind of trophy?"

She hated it. She hated everything about it. She felt used, unimportant, and betrayed. How could her 'friends' do such a thing to her? Especially San. Shes
poured her heart out to him, let him in, all to find out they didn't even care for her.

San's eyes started to sting as he cried for the umpteenth time that night. He felt horrible. He had managed to hurt the girl who he had cared for and admired so much. "That's not it at all, Xiumin! I would never treat you like that.." He looked to the ground as guilt washed over him.

"And how am I supposed to trust you now?" Xiumin pressed as she herself started to cry.

"Because," he mumbled "I love you.."

San looked up to her after a few seconds of silence. Xiumin stared at him, looking surprised, pushing her hair behind her ear as she caught his gaze. "You what?" She asked in a soft voice.

Xiumin felt as her heart started to speed up, as though it were to thump out of her chest. Did Choi San really love her? Wasn't he just lying? But did it really matter, he had just hurt her. She can't just forgive him that easily.

San blushed, turning away and clearing his throat "It's nothing. I should leave.."

He turned to leave, only to see Seonghwa leaning against the door frame with a expressionless face.

"Seonghwa! I thought you were asleep..." Xiumin said, feeling bad for waking him up.

Seonghwa ignored her and kept his stare on San, almost glaring holes into the youngers head. "You're leaving? After that?" He scoffed, standing up straight "I never thought of you as someone to run away from things. Coward."

"I'm no coward." San growled, returning the glare as the new name had easily angered him.

"Sure as hell seems like you are." Seonghwa said with a smirk. "No man makes a woman cry. That makes you a coward; a dead one at that."

"Seonghwa," Xiumin said sternly, "go back to bed. Stop trying to start things."

His eyes darted over to her "So you're gonna just let him walk over you like that?!" He asked, raising his voice, making her go silent and look to the ground.

"That was never my intention." San spoke up.

"Then what was your intention, huh? Breaking my sisters heart?"

"Seon-"

"It was to..." San started as he looked at Xiumin who refused to even so much as glance at him. "..make her mine."