Spoken in whispers

the strenght they held their hands interlocked with remined of two lovers who had spent an unwilling amount of time apart. his head found its place on top of her collarbones as he lay covering her body with his own. harry intertwined his legs with hers and breathed shakily when he relaxed. y/n's tender fingers found his hair and curled at the besa of his neck. his locks were just a little softer to her touch there than anywhere else and so she kept her hold, ensuring he wouldn't move away. a duvet was wrapped around them both like a cocoon that kept warmth from escaping. her chest's movement soothed harry's mind and let him drift into a calm and much needed sleep. the further he let unconsciousness take him, the heavier his body became. y/n welcomed it. a sigh came from her lips and she smiled before tightening her hold on her harry's body. there was a sense of safety provided by the familiarity if her boyfriend's presence, making this a moment she wouldn't have traded for anything in the world.

"I'm tired ahrry" she murmured quietly, earning a tiny smile from the man resting on top of her chest. he was too far away to find a reply. y/n brought their intertwined hands to her mouth and kissed his knuckles. her warm breath fanned over his skin and the kindness of the gesture made his heart stop its breathing for a second.

y/n rubbed her foot up an ddown his calf. "I can't tell you how relieved i am to have you home." harry gave no sign of having heard her, but she knew anyway. their connection had grown so much, y/n found she no longer needed his body to react in order for her to read his thoughts. outside their bedroom, the world was quiet. with their breathing and her occasional words being the only sounds, it was easy to pretend that they were the only two people who existed. y/n quite liked that thought.

"Love yeh." the words were unexpected and y/n briefly wondered if she'd imagined them, but harry's eyes fluttered before her hand brushed them shut again. they weren't a novelty. harry was not one to spare the proclamation of love and instead believed in telling her of his feelings as many times as he could. but their meaning never wevered and y/n's heart never stopped to warm at the sound. careful not the straddle him, y/n pulled her hand frombhis and wrapped both arms securely around his bare shoulders before he could whine about the loss of connection. like she had a stuffed toy when she'd beem a child, she cuddled harry and cradled him to her chest. "Love you too, harry."

the whispered words made his stomach knot and he held on to her tighter. harry knew that y/n would never leave him and that he himself couldn't possibly do so either. maybe they were both a little too young to think of a further together, but silently they did anyway. y/n's lips kissed his forhead softly and he emitted a low moan from his throat. his flushed mouth was parted and y/n knew there was more he wanted to say but couldn't. the strength used to stay those two words had pushed him over the edge and into sleep completely. gently, y/n's nails scratched against the bare sjun of his shoulder blades .

there was a time before he would have to leave her again, but tonight she didn't find it in herself to dread that moment already. with him safe and happy in her hold, y/n let them both pretend that nothing would change and that they could be like this forever.