Life Goes On...

"I guess, you must be wondering why I called you here today…" Cassie announced. She then brought out the trolley cart with plates of crabs, she began to serve each of them.

"Not that I'm complaining or anything," Anya sighs, as she held a crab leg in her left hand, "but what do you want?"

"Nothing…" Cassie replied in her abnormally high pitched voice. "Can't a girl…"

Anya put down the crab leg and folded her arms before leaning back on the black leather chair. "Hmmph." Anya scoffed, "I've been called so many things but someone as gullible as to believe that 'nothing' actually means 'nothing' is not one of them. Spit it out."

Everyone in the room's eyes went back and forth between the two young ladies. Lila cleared her throat, "Just tell her already…"

"Tell her what?!" Scott Lang demanded.

"Does this have anything to do with a young counselor that works for the police department?" Anya stood up and walked towards Cassie.

"How could you possibly…" was all Cassie could utter before the fear settled in.

Anya chuckles, "I find it amusing how you think you could keep this a secret from me."

Cassie gulped as she sat down, to say she was terrified would be an understatement.

But Anya smiled sweetly, "I'm so happy for you…"

Cassie let out a breath of relief, "Oh thank God!" Cassie embraced Anya, "You scared me!"

"I can tell." Anya chuckled. "So when do we meet this guy?"

Cassie looks at the crabs, "Let's eat!"

Hope shook her head, "And life goes on…"