Always the Bridesmaid Never the Bride

Anya was leaning against the white fence of the Barton terrace, drinking coke from a red solo cup. Wearing:

"Always the bridesmaid never the bride

"Always the bridesmaid never the bride." Cooper smirked.

Cooper was wearing his green army uniform, complete with his stripes and stars.

Anya turns around, "Just the way I like it, Mr. Barton…"

Cooper steps closer to Anya, "Am I doing the right thing Anya?"

Anya sighs, "What is the right thing?" Anya turns around to look at the freshly remodeled barn.

"I remember meeting you for the first time," Cooper states as he stood beside Anya, "Aunt Nat had to leave you here, 4 months old, she was going on a mission. You didn't cry— not once…"

"You were what 7?" Anya chuckles looking at her cup.

"Honestly, seeing a baby not cry was refreshing." Cooper sighs, "Lila was a crybaby back then."

"Look at us now." Anya placed her head on his left shoulder.

"A discharged army man about to get married and a single young attractive editor of NewYorkTimes, who has no interest in relationship… what a great plot for a TV sitcom."

Silence came down. "Justina's pregnant…" Cooper blurted out.

Anya looks up at him and smiles, "You will be a great dad…"

"How'd you figure?"

"Cause you're a great big brother." Anya smiled.

"How's that for a revelation on this terrace?"

"I still think the revelation of my dad's identity's the best…"

"Oh…" Cooper nods, "Aunt Nat told Uncle Steve before she and dad went off to Vormir."

"Wait what?" Anya asked.

"Yeah, well, according to dad, Aunt Nat wasn't sure they would survive so she decided to tell him."