Jaydick《15》Sick of it

*scrolls through 200 Jaytim pictures and story ideas before finds this picture*

*scrolls through more Jaytim pictures* *scratches head* how many Jaytim ideas do I have?

How many pictures does it take to officially be obsessed over a ship? Over 400? Cause then I'm obsessed.

It was a cold day, quite usual for Gotham, winter was just around the corner and it was expected to snow in the next month.

In an old abondend warehojuse was the scene of Nightwing getting beat viciously by the Joker as he slammed a baseball bat to his shoulder.

The small whimpers were joyous sounds to the Joker, but he declared that he wanted to hear more pain.

"Why can't you just sing for me? I bet your little chirps will be beautiful!" The Joker laughed manically.

Another hit to the opposite shoulder caused Nightwing to fall on his side in severe pain, groaning from the impact.

The Joker laughed at the hero's pain, and grabbed a crowbar and pushed it to slam against one of Nightwing's legs, which caused the hero to scream.

"Now that's what I was looking for! It sounded so pretty! Why don't you sing for me again, little bird?" The Joker asked, preparing for another hit.

Nightwing attempted to move his leg so that it wouldn't get hit, but only caused it to hit his foot instead, which caused even more pain.

The scream Nightwing let out could beat anyone that tried out for a screaming contest.

His scream was so loud that people nearby could hear it. But this was Gotham, nobody was going to help someone and go against the Joker.

Joker laughed, and hit the mans other foot, causing the man to give another blood curdling cry that made the twisted mans heart swell.

"Your voice is so... beautiful when you scream! I wish everyone could hear how pretty it is!"

Nightwing laid on the floor, broken, bloody, and beaten. His limbs weren't working, and he didn't have any strength left to fight the Joker.

Nightwing was a goner.

Is this how Jason felt when Joker beat him? To feel this useless against the Joker? To know nobody can help you?

Nightwing shut his tired eyes, and allowed a single tear to escape from his right eye, body very weak.

It felt like a boulder was suddenly chucked onto him, and he felt too weak to push it off. His body shut down.

But the pain was still there. It was a clear reminder that he was still alive and breathing, heart still pounding.

The Joker sighed in sorrow when he saw Nightwing had given up. He never liked it when they did that, it was so much more fun when they fought back.

The adrenaline of not getting caught, the fear of nothing but his own safety, the sound of guns shooting in the distance, and a motorcycle...

Wait a second...

As Joker was about to check outside, the sound of a motorcycle became much loder, and soon the door burst open, with the sound of gunfire.

There, in all his glory, was Red Hood, on his motorcycle, and ready to harm the Joker.

Jason only knew the Joker was here, but what he didn't know was that Joker was beating his older brother. And not just that, but also with a crowbar.

As Jason took in the scene before him, he felt a new rage, and started to shoot the Joker in the shoulders and legs, to make sure he can't escape.

He quickly got off his motorcycle and ran to his poor brothers side, quickly checking for a pulse above all things.

The pulse was very low, and he almost couldn't feel it, but it was still there, and Jason had hope his brother would make it in time.

He checked his brother for breathing next. One breath every 45 seconds. That wasn't very good.

Jason quickly hauled his brother off the ground, who seemed to be way too weak to even lift his head or talk, and put him on the motorcycle.

Jason shot the Joker in the ear before leaving, too worried about his brothers health than the Joker.

Which, considering Jason's history with the Joker and crowbars, and how he felt about his brother, would be a pretty big honor.

Jason zoomed his brother over to the nearest hospital, and quickly asked for some help.

Doctors and nurses soon came with a bed, and rolled his brother away, putting on a breathing mask and searching him for injuries.

Jason wasn't allowed in during the time they tried to help his brother, so to pass the time, Jason made a few phone calls.

First he called Alfred. And then Bruce,  who said he would leave in a little bit. He called demon spawn next, who acted like he didnt care.

But, Jason knew better than to think that. Next he called Tim, who said he would zeta-tube back, and finally Wally, Roy, and Barbara.

They all rushed as quickly as they could, Alfred being the first to arrive, Bruce being the last.

They all were in their hero uniforms, as Jason warned them it was Nightwing in the hospital, not Richard Grayson, and gathered in the waiting room.

Bruce did at one point threaten the nurses taking blood samples that if they told anyone Nightwing's secret identity, their lives would plummet.

The anticipation grew worse as time went on, still no news on how the hero was, and everybody was in silence.

A doctor soon came out, and walked to the crowd, a little intimidated that Batman of all people, he was supposed to break the news to.

The doctor pulled Batman away, gave a quick diagnosis, and walked away very quickly, letting Batman tell the other heros Nightwing's condition.

"Nightwing is very unstable, they have him on 24/7 survalience, both on video, and in person. His heart rate keeps dropping, but levels out.

His vitals are going crazy, and he has a large concussion on top of a small coma that he keeps slipping into. They aren't certain he'll make it out alive."

The room fell into deeper silence, if possible, and grief filled the air, as did sorrow and sadness.

Wally, Roy, Tim, Barbara, Jason, and Damian tried their very best to hold back the tears that sprang to their eyes.

Though only Wally and Tim would admit to that. The sound of people shuffling in the distance and beeping was all that was heard.

Until a shrill beep overcame them all. The source of the shrill beep was Nightwing's room. And Nightwing was the one without a heartbeat.

Please comment if you want a part 2.

Next chapter will be part 3 of survival.