Jaytim×OC《44》Voices

"You got a 96%!? Only a 96?! Go to your room! You're grounded until I say so!" Illana yelled at her daughter.

Seleste's science paper was clutched in her mother's hand, and she looked down at the floor in shame as she focused on keeping her tears in her eyes.

"Do you hear me!? Go!" Her mother screamed at her, causing Seleste to run away up the stairs and to her room in a haze.

She slammed her bedroom door behind her, and slid down it, her back up against the hard surface as she rolled herself into a ball.

She wrapped her arms around her knees that were pressed against her chest and placed her head on her forearms.

Seleste let the tears finally fall, as she sobbed into her arms, her hands gripping her legs tightly.

She cried for who knows how long, until something happened. She heard her name.

Seleste.

There it was again. She looked up from her arms to see no one in the room with her. Just her bedroom, as it always was.

Do it.

"Hello?" Seleste croaked out, her wary voice breaking from the amount of crying and sobbing she had previously done.

Do it.

It said again, although this time the whispered voice was much harsher, almost commanding, yet still soft.

"Do what?" She asked the voice.

I think you know what.

It whispered, softer and carrying a sense of care in the whispered, silky words.

Do it.

Seleste turned her attention towards her mirror, where she could see herself standing there, dressed in different clothes.

Mirror Seleste was dressed in a silky white robe, a golden belt clinging against her skinny waist, her feet bare and her red hair clean.

Do it. Mirror her told her, smiling and showing her pearly white teeth that glowed like the stars in the sky.

Seleste felt entrapped in the sound of her voice, and slowly got up, keeping her gaze on the mirror, walking towards it.

You can do it now. Or you can do it at the bridge, just like Landon did all those years ago. It's your choice. Either way, you'll be set free.

Her smile was so big it stretched to her eyes, and Seleste really wanted to be that happy again, taking the words into consideration.

"Will I become you?" Seleste whispered to the mirror, taking one of her shaking hands and reaching to touch the glass.

Yes. Mirror Seleste reassured, placing her own hand against the glass, lining up with Selestes', creating a warmth.

Seleste smiled. She could be happy again. All she would have to do is fall off a bridge. And then she could meet Landon again. Life will feel complete.

"Okay." She whispered, before feeling a burst of energy and she climbed down her windowsill, the white poles down to the green Earth under her feet.

She sprinted across the many roads of Gotham, not caring about who would judge a teenage girl running at 10 pm in Gotham City of all places.

It seemed like seconds before she was met with the bridge, the large and tall steel poles painted red connected by long thin wires.

The bridge had been abandoned ever since it broke after a bombing created by Joker, and after a certain teenage boy committed suicide months later.

Most people just assumed the bridge was bad luck, and didn't want to take the chance of crossing over it any more, so it was basically useless.

Seleste had heard news about Gotham City's Mayor wanting to tear the bridge down in a couple of weeks, and Seleste was fine with that.

She walked to one of the lower ramps of the bridge, that separated her from falling to her death, 300 feet below.

She took in a deep breath of air before starting to swing her right foot over the metal railing, the coolness slipping to her skin underneath her jeans.

Before she could make another move, she barely had time to register someone shouting at her before a force slammed into her.

Her vision darkened for a few seconds, and she was in immense pain, but all too soon she was looking up at the starry sky.

And Red Robin looking down at her.

Even though he wore a mask she could still make out the worry that was etching into his facial features as he scanned her over, probably checking for injuries.

"What were you thinking?" He shouted at her, causing her to still under his hardened gaze.

She wasn't dead. This was real. He was real. She wasn't happy. She wasn't wearing the white robe. Her feet were still tucked into her boots. She was still alive.

Suddenly she felt someone tuck arms under her body, forcing her to get off the hard cement of the bridge and stand on her own two feet.

There before her stood an angry Red Robin, and Red Hood had just entered into the picture. Great.

"Babe, calm down." She could faintly hear the Red Hood whisper, probably to his supposed boyfriend, Red Robin.

Ever since someone had gotten a picture of the two kissing each other on a rooftop, it was immediately printed on the front of every newspaper.

"Calm down!?" Red Robin seemed to get more annoyed and angry every second he spent looking at her, clenching his fists at his sides.

"Red-"

"No! Seleste, what were you thinking!?" Red Robin screamed at her, waving his hands in the air now, his fingers unclenched.

Seleste started to feel the mix of guilt and sadness pool in her stomach, the sting of tears coming back to her black eyes.

"Red! I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation." She faintly heard Red Hood reassure his boyfriend.

"I... I just wanted to see Landon again." Seleste whispered so softly anyone with an untrained ear couldn't hear.

After that sentence she saw both men physically tense up, shoulders squaring and Red Robin's face contorting to a sad look.

"I do too."

Hahahaha *Robin cackle* *laughs in British* *laughs in French* *laughs in Hungarian* *laughs in Romanian* *laughs in Arabic*

Man that felt really good to get off my chest.

And for once, I don't want to explain this messed up chapter, so I shall leave you with your thoughts.

Next chapter will be extra special, because it's Jaydick, with a very traumatized Dick Grayson.

The next chapter will take place after he gets...... ***ed by Turatula after witnessing a death he feels he could have stopped.

But was too emotionally drained to do so or whatever messed up things the writer made him say about that.

I might be changing a few things. Who knows. I'm unpredictable. *smiles innocently*

Until then!