Jaydick《41》Dying For You

"Somebody told me you had given up on your smile
That must mean you've been pretending now for a while
To me you don't have to keep hiding away who you are
Remember how we said together we would go far
Summer nights, side by side
Oh I know you remember how we laughed until we cried

So when you're down and out from your troubled life
I will be dying for you, dying for you
When all you have is doubt, know that I'm around
I will be dying for you, dying for you

So when you're down and out from your troubled life
I will be dying for you, dying for you
When all you have is doubt, know that I'm around
I will be dying for you, dying for you

You kept on changing your colors to be someone else
But you know some paintings should never, ever be changed

Summer nights, side by side
Oh I know you remember how we laughed until we cried

So when you're down and out from your troubled life
I will be dying for you, dying for you
When all you have is doubt, know that I'm around
I will be dying for you, dying for you

So when you're down and out from your troubled life
I will be dying for you, dying for you
When all you have is doubt, know that I'm around
I will be dying for you, dying for you

I will be dying for you, dying for you, dying for you
I will be dying for you."

Dick slowly woke up to the song "Dying for You" and an empty bedside.

Dick rose up and out from under the scattered sheets and blankets that were really messed up, a few even on the floor.

Jason was no where to be seen inside the room, so he assumed Jason was the reason for the song blasting so loud in the morning.

The room was actually quite messy, and looked like his old apartment again, not the shared room in the house Jason and him share.

There were a few, red, blue, and black blankets scattered across the floor, along with his Nightwing suit, mask, Jason's Red Hood, Jason's signature jacket, and the Red Hood uniform.

Which was a little weird. If Jason were up already, why hadn't he already cleaned up the room?

Apparently Jason Todd was a neat freak, which really helped the really messy vigilante himself when it came to cleaning.

Dick got off the bed and went to the bathroom, where he could see a collection of many markings all over his body from last night.

Dick just groaned at the thought of having to use some makeup on the ones that he wouldn't be able to hide under a jacket or his Nightwing outfit.

He went out of the bathroom back into his and Jason's room and grabbed a blue shirt from his dresser, throwing it on before exiting the room.

The first thing the vigilante smelled after opening the door was eggs and bacon, with a hint of Oranje Juice.

He walked out the doorway with a small frown on his face due to the extreme brightness of the lights in the hallway.

He quickly went down the staircase, skipping two steps at a time, and ended up on the joint floorboards between the kitchen and living room.

He turned left and found Jason having his back turned to him, wearing some jeans and a red shirt, and hearing the sizzle of burning grease.

He looked over to the table to find two empty white porcelain plates and two tall glass cups filled with Orange Juice.

Dick debated walking up behind Jason to give him a hug, or to just sit down at the four person table and wait for breakfast.

He obviously chose the first option, and walked up to Jason, not caring to be careful enough to not step on the creaky floorboards.

Dick had figured that Jason was able to hear him when he first got out of bed, and if he didn't then, he most certainly would have heard him coming down the stairs.

He and Jason had trained under the same man, the same person who taught them to hear for the tiniest sounds, so he figured Jason would be able to hear him.

Dick walked up to Jason and wrapped his arms around the youngers stomach and chest, placing his head in the crook of his neck.

"Morning." Jason told him, eyes still focused on the cooking bacon and eggs that looked almost too good to eat.

Key word being almost.

Before Dick replied, he just took in a breath of fresh air, the smell of Jason overwhelming his senses over the eggs and bacon.

"Good morning. How did you sleep?"

"Good. Although you woke me up a few times in the night." Jason replied, his face narrowing a little as he remembered.

"Yeah, sorry about that." Dick blushed slightly, embarrassed about his nightmares that woke Jason.

"It's fine. We all get nightmares, it comes with the gig, and life. Nothing can change them." Jason reassured.

Dick just fell silent, secretly doubting Jason, even though part of him thought that was true, he was still mentally kicking himself for them.

Before he could go into deeper thought about it, Jason broke his thoughts.

"Are you okay? You've been down lately, you haven't smiled much, which is really saying something, and you just have a sad ora surrounding you."

Dick released his hold on Jason, letting the taller man bring the pan containing the bacon and eggs over to the table, using a spatula to place them on the white plates.

He felt guilty that Jason noticed his more depressing mood lately, and he didn't want him to worry, so he smiled one of his fake smiles that looked just like the real thing.

"I'm fine."

But I'm breaking inside.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Sorry, I just felt like saying that after writing something so mildly depressing.

Comment if you want a part 2 please.

Next chapter will be Jaytim.