Crossover《36》Avengers pt. 4

"Robin? Robin!" Steve yelled, shaking the child's shoulders, trying to wake up the boy.

Robin was screaming and crying in his sleep, kicking all over and not responding to anything Steve was saying.

Just then Tony, Natasha, Clint, and Thor ran into the room, all looking either confused or terrified.

"What's wrong? Why is he screaming?" Clint asked Steve, coming up next to him, also trying to shake the young boy awake.

"I don't know. I came in to check on him, and at first everything seemed fine, but then he started crying and kicking and now he's screaming." Steve explained.

The Avengers could only watch as the young hero continued to scream, kick, and cry in his sleep, now clawing at his chest.

"Nu nu nu nu nu nu! Te rog, nu mă face să fac asta! Te rog, nu mă face să fac asta!" The young bird screamed, still stuck in illusions.

"Nat! What's he saying?" Steve desperately asked the red headed woman, who spoke many languages.

Nat, now looking worried, which worried the Avengers further as seeing she was almost never worried, walked closer to the boy.

"He's saying 'don't make me do this', but that's it." Natasha replied, lightly touching the young boy's shoulder.

"Is he having a nightmare?" Tony asked from where he was leaned against the doorway.

"That seems like the only possible scenario. How do we wake him up?" Clint told the hero in the doorway.

Before any of the Avengers could suggest what was on their minds, Robin finally sat up, eyes wide as he let loose a shriek.

The boy was shaking uncontrollably, sweat glistening all over his forehead and running down his face, his eyes a bright bloodshot red.

"Robin? Robin what happened? Are you alright?" Steve asked the younger who was still shaking violently and tears still rolling down from his bloodshot eyes.

Steve shook his shoulders slightly, trying to see if the boy would respond to it, but he didn't get any response.

Robin just looked ahead staring at the wall behind the Avengers, but was stuck in some sort of trance he couldn't get out of.

"Robin?" Natasha asked in a low voice that made everyone's skin crawl. Everyone expect the boy in question.

Instead he fell off the bed and curled in on himself, muttering words in a foreign language while crying.

He screamed every once in a while, and it saddened the Avengers to see the small boy that was really chirpy and confident become so traumatized.

Robin was able to take down Iron Man in less than five minutes and was one of the wisest kids Tony had known. Possibly smarter than Peter.

And now he was hurdled in a ball of his own body, screaming, crying, and muttering to himself in a different language. It hurt Tony more than he would care to admit.

Steve was also hurt. This kid was a very good one. He had a good head on his shoulders for someone so young, yet he was so traumatized.

The Avengers were watching the boy, until Tony finally decided he had enough and walked away from the mess.

The Avengers were mad at the cocky man. Sometimes Tony could be heartless, even when he was trying to bring a sense of humor.

The adults could only watch the boy. They were stuck. They didn't know how to comfort a teenage boy who acted like this.

A few minutes later, after giving up on trying to wake the small boy from whatever trance he was in, Tony came back.

This time Tony had a syringe in his hand with a clear liquid inside of it, before walking to the boy, crouching down to touch the boy.

Robin gave no knowladge of being touched, and continued the pattern of muttering the same sentence five times before screaming, all while crying.

Tony slipped the needle in the small boy's arm, and injected the clear liquid into the boy. A sedative.

Once administered the boy stopped shaking, stopped crying, and no more words were muttered. Robin fell asleep.

"He should be asleep for at the most of seven hours, at least five. It doesn't guarantee he won't go through the same thing when he wakes up though." Tony explained, standing up.

Natasha was the one who gathered the small child in her arms, lifting him back onto the bed, covering him in the comforter that he kicked off.

"Is there anything we can do to help him though?" Steve asked the man, looking away from the small figure settling down.

"When he wakes up he has the option to tell us what happened in his dream or not. There's nothing we can do without his permission." Tony explained.

Steve sighed in defeat, turning to look back at the sleeping child, images of what he was like moments before coming back to him.

"I can't believe his world let's children as young as him become a hero. It's so dangerous." Clint muttered under his breath.

"I guess they're just that desperate." Natasha said simply, letting her stoic front come back.

"That doesn't mean they should let children become heroes. It could traumatize someone. Robin is just an example." Steve cut in.

"I think we're taking this too far. We should just ask him when he wakes up before making assumptions." Tony claimed. Everyone stilled in shock.

"What? Oh, so I can't be the reasonable one for once?" Tony asked the shocked people. All except Thor.

"I agree with Tony. We should not jump to conclusions without asking the son of Gray." Thor claimed, which shocked the others more.

Natasha quickly cleared her throat. "So what do we do now? I can't sleep after experiencing something like that." She groaned, rubbing her temple.

"Me neither." Clint agreed, rubbing his own, small almost invisible bags hanging under his eyes.

"Let's just try to get some sleep. I'm sure we'll be fine." Steve retorted, getting off the bed.

Yay. Yet another chapter. Complete.

Please comment if you want a part 5.

Next chapter will be... uh hold on *reads comments on past chapters*

Oh I know. It's a Jaydick, but probably what you're least expecting another part of.

Until then!