Crossover《43》Avengers pt. 6

Previously…

“Barry. I’m bringing something over for you. I need your help locating Robin.” Batman told the Flash in the com link, looking down at the gun in his hands.

He could only hope that his little bird was doing okay.

》》》》》¤ with Robin ¤《《《《《

“He told me that all my life, I always thought I was doing good, capturing criminals and saving people from evil. But I was wrong. In all honesty, I’m only saving myself.”

“How are you only saving yourself?” Natasha asked the boy, running her fingers through his midnight black hair.

“If I save people, I’m saving myself from going down the dark path, the one I would have taken if Batman wasn’t there to stop me from killing him.”

Robin expressed the word as if whoever he was talking about was the world’s most wanted criminal, as if saying the name out loud could only bring harm to anyone.

“And who’s him?” Natasha asked wearily, testing her boundaries.

“Tony Zucco. The man was a mafia leader, who offered Jack Haly protection in trade for money. Haly didn’t pay it, and Zucco got furious.”

“How do you know all this?” Natasha asked him, stopping her hand for a brief moment, making him face her, tear stained cheeks and all.

“I was there. I could have warned my parents about Zucco’s threat about the circus. I could have save them, done something if only-"

Dick was cut off by Natasha, who just pulled him into her chest for a hug, wrapping her arms around his back, tucking her head into his shoulder.

Dick sobbed harder, squeezing his slender arms around her back, as if she was the only one keeping him from slipping away into the darkness.

"And then Slade showed up, and turned me into a monster." He mumbeled into her chest through his sobs.

Natasha continued to stroke his hair with her fingers content on letting him feel comfortable.

"I killed. I killed so many people. So many innocents. I- I..."

His voice faded away as he cried even harder into her chest if possible.

Natasha simply continued to skim one of her hands through his ebony hair while the other hand rubbed his back.

Natasha knew how he was feeling. It hurt her when innocent civilians got hurt when she could have done something to prevent it.

"All their faces. They were so scared of me." He continued, calming down, but she assumed only because he was emotionally tired from all his crying.

"And I killed him. The man I trusted, he trusted me. And I threw away all his trust. I killed him. It's all my fault."

His voice sounded more distant with every word, and Natasha could feel him slouching in her arms, causing her to tighten her grip on him.

"It's my fault. I'm a monster." He muttered, before shutting his swollen red eyes, one last tear escaping it before he fell asleep.

Natasha stayed in her position for a few more minutes, clutching her hands on the boys back, assuring he wouldn't fall from her grasp.

When he felt his breath evening, she hesitated before slowly releasing her grip and lowering him onto the bed.

The white lenses of his mask weren't visible, assuring that his eyes were closed, and Natasha relaxed a little.

She laid his head on one of the small thin pillows, his ebony hair popping out to her, black and white contrasting like life and death.

She slowly lifted his legs with one hand, and with the other untucked the blankets from underneath and pulled it out from under him.

When the blankets were far away, she carefully laid his legs back down onto the mattress and used both hands to cover the boy with the baby blue blankets.

She took a minute to appreciate her work. All it took was a little bit of studying on children and a little experience with Clint's kids.

Robin's chest slowly rose and fell into steady breaths, making a small ghost smile form onto her pink lips, before walking out of the room.

When she closed the door behind her slowly, she was met with a worried Steve Rogers, who was about to bombard her with questions.

Before he could get a word out, she quickly raised her pointer finger to her lips to quiet him.

She gestured her head to the left, as if to have him follow her, and she went her way to one of the nearby living rooms to have a conversation.

It took her a lot of work to be able to settle the boy down from his nightmare, and she really didn't want to wake him after he just fell asleep.

She could tell by the bags under his eyes that he didn't get a lot of sleep. Even through the make up he found to cover them couldn't fool her.

When she entered an empty living room, she turned to face Steve, who had thankfully followed her.

"What were you doing in Robin's room?" He asked her, voice ringing out making a slight echo across the room.

"I went to check in on him and he was awake. He had a nightmare, so I tried to comfort him." She explained, staring him dead in the eyes.

His eyes softened, a nodded his head, as if accepting her answer. Which made Natasha think back to her conversation with Robin.

"Steve." She said, her gaze turning more sad. "He's a really good kid. And very strong. But everyone breaks too. Even the most strong."

《《《《《▪︎ With Batman▪︎》》》》》

"What's the problem Batman? You said you had something for me?" Barry asked, after speeding into the cave.

Bruce turned away from the Batcomputer, and faced the Flash, who had his hands on his hips, a smile on his face.

"Professer Ivo built a machine that teleports people, and decided to use it on Robin. I can't locate him."

"And you want me to try and track him?"

Hahahahaha the evil cliffhanger.

Don't mind me, just minding my own business and building suspense.

Comment if you want a part... 7 wow, okay, 6 parts done. Yeesh, y'all like making me work.

Next chapter is a Jaytim X OC.

I'll explain later, or maybe you'll just have to see what I mean by that.