Batboys《78》Reversal pt.3

The signs were clear.

Damian had to move on.

He couldn't dwindle in the past, as much as he wish he could.

He craved the small pecks on the cheek with those slightly chapped lips, craved the lingering fingerprints on his arms and hands, missed Tim's warm smile, or that devilishly handsome smirk he would hide behind his coffee cup in the mornings.

He missed it all.

But most importantly he missed Tim.

Damian continued to stare at the screen, his dried out eyes scanning it for what felt like the 100th time. He couldn't process it anymore, and was sick of the world laughing in his face.

The young man scanned the familiar haunting words on the screen, before feeling a sudden rush of anger and energy pulse through his hand, causing him to punch the hard metal table.

Red Robin Found Dead

Written by Lonnie Hank

This morning a man by the name of James Kirklind found Red Robin passed out on the floor of his bakery. After further inspection, he came across three bullet wounds, one in the shoulder, one in the stomach, and one directly on his heart. Mr. Kirklind called the hospital to collect the dead body soon after. Studies are being tested to find out the identity of the criminal at Gotham General, under the guidance of Doctor Edward Hasborn.

Damian quickly stood up from his chair and went directly to the training room, wrapping his hands up swiftly before going to the blue punching bag that hung in the cent of the mat.

Time flew by with every punch and kick the angry man sent the bags way, and after what felt like hours his energy seemed to lessen a little bit more after every movement he made.

When Damian checked the time again he discovered almost four hours had passed.

The sound of the elevator running interrupted the silence in the Batcave.

When the doors opened, it revealed Dick, who was constantly reading a book, his makeup scrubbed of his face, showing his ugly midnight blue veins under his left eye.

Damian turned away, a slight feeling of disgust towards the boy still evident. After all this time, even after the Court had tried to take the young boy away twice, Bruce was still willing to drop everything to help save the boy.

If Damian were in charge he wouldn't have even let the boy step within 100 feet of Wayne Manor, or the Batcave.

The soft padding of slippers scuffing the floor filled in the silence, Damian's back turned to the kid who was obviously heading his way.

"Look kid, even though everyone else has accepted you into this family, I haven't. You obviously can't handle being Robin, so you might as well give it up now." Damian said aloud, not bothering to turn to face the boy.

The scuffing stopped, and this time all he could hear was his own breathing, which caused him to turn around and glare at the kid.

Dick looked emotionless, but Damian could see a small shimmer in his blue eye, a sort of sparkle like when a sun reflects off of a lake or stream.

I could care less about how you think of me. Right now I'm just going to train.

Damian quirked an eyebrow, watching the kid silently and contently as Dick walked over to the mats where Damian had recently been punching the bag.

Damian didn't know why he hated the kid so much, but he could never get rid of a small amount of skepticism that boiled in his chest. Maybe he found the kid too similar to himself, and was jealous that Bruce was acting like a father to the other, compared to when Bruce would ignore him more than half the time when he was younger.

But he was also mad at the Court. They trained children into immortal Talons to do their dirty work, and left the child brainless, and without knowladge of how to make decisions, which irked Damian.

Dick didn't make decisions for himself often. He waits around to be told to do like a puppy. Damian hates him for it. He was raised to make decisions because others didn't know what was right and wrong. It's what he was taught.

But seeing it to this extent, to this level, made him very upset. Jason made his own rules, his own lifestyle, Tim...

Tim was always the most ethical in decisions of them all. He knew exactly what to do all the time. And Damian loved him for it.

But now Tim is gone, and Damian is left without him, the one who knows how to make good decisions for himself and others without trying.

Damian watched Dick take to the trapeze bar in the Batcave. He would never admit it out loud, but when the kid was in the air, it looked magical, like he belonged in the wind, like gravity was his greatest enemy.

It was alluring, and addictive to watch swift and curt movements be held up high, even if only for the briefest of moments. Arms stretched out, legs delicate yet powerful.

Dick first let the bar support his entire weight on his abdomen, his legs pointed towards the floor, and his body bent at a 90 degree angle, arms spread like wings.

He held it there for a moment, before snapping his arms onto the bar and slowly raising his legs to point towards the ceiling, toes pointed like a ballerina, head inches above the metal bar.

The position is held briefly, before he falls backwards, and uses his momentum to swing his entire body into a full three spins around the bar before releasing his grip and tucking himself into a ball.

Inches before the mat, the teenager sprawls out again and lands on his hands, his feet whipped stright up to face the ceiling once again, before pushing himself off his hands and landing on his feet.

Damian wanted to cry.

Tim had mentioned seeing the Grayson's perform, had even mentioned he wanted to be able to do what they did.

And for a brief moment, the smile on Dick's face looked too much like Tim's.

Damian turned away quickly, wiping away the tears.

Hey guys! Sorry for the late update, I've been a little busy.

I do have a question for ye.

Would you like this story to become a book?

Let me know in the comments.

Jean out.