Jaydick《62》Nighthood pt. 3

It was currently 2 am, and PJ just couldn't sleep on the very comfy couch that his future parents made into a bed.

And if that statement didn't sound bad enough, he was wearing a pair of pants that were a little loose his dad gave him, and an oversized t shirt his father gave him.

The ticking of a clock hanging on a wall above the fireplace opposite of the couch PJ was attempting to sleep on just gave him more anxiety.

He couldn't make out any other sounds from the house, not even one of his parents snoring from upstairs, which was odd, considering Roy had told him his father snored.

And when he snored, he sounded like a motorbike and a helicopter had a teenager and that teenager was taking drugs on steroids.

Roy's words, not his.

PJ was getting kind of worried right now. Sure, his parents let him, who they thought was a stranger, stay the night in their house.

But the amount of quiet in the house was making him anxious and he wanted to knock on their door just to make sure they were there.

And sure, he didn't have many memories of them, and he didn't exactly personally get to know them, but that was the whole point of this time trip.

He wanted to meet his parents and get to know them a little. What he picked up so far was that they were complete opposites.

His dad was very kind and nice and just a ball of sunshine all in all, and his father was quite calm, collected, and didn't really trust him.

He didn't really understand how the two could have possibly even dated, much less get married with their past history together.

After what felt like another hour, PJ had enough of listening to the very annoying ticking of the clock and threw the red blanket off of him.

He got off the couch and tried his very best to keep quiet, using all the skills all of his uncles and honorary uncles have taught him.

He creeped up the stairs, not even making a sound, his heart racing in his chest so loud he didn't even hear that annoying ticking sound of the clock.

When he reached the top flooring, he found three doors, and tried to debate which door to knock on out of the two that were closed.

The open room lead to a bathroom, but he couldn't devided which doorway less to his parents bedroom. Obviously they weren't sleeping in separate rooms.

Uncle Roy had told him if they could help it, they tried not to walk away from the other, to the point where it practically hurt the other if they were in the same house but in a different room.

His Uncle Damian had told him that the reason behind them sticking together every which way was not only because they were disgustingly deep in love.

It was because both were scared that one day one or both of them would die, and they wanted to spend as much time as they could with the other.

Which is practically the definition of love. So when Uncle Wally said that his father and his dad almost got a divorce, he didn't really believe it.

Witnessing the amount of love between the two of them was almost sickening to himself as much as he assumed anyone else in the family.

But, here he was, about to knock on the closed door to his left, risking a chance with his parents that didn't even know they were his parents.

He paused, his hand crumpled into a tight fist, knuckles about to rap across the hard wood of the doorway that may or may not belong to his parents bedroom door.

He hesitated, slow and quiet breathing so that he wouldn't alert them if they were light sleepers, debating if this was a good idea or not in his head.

He couldn't hear any snores, none at all, much less the ones like his uncle described to him that should belong to his father.

Then he knocked on the door, with the answer that he should plastered into his head, and knocked three times on the hard smooth wood before waiting.

He counted 75 ticks in his head based off the clock before knocking three more times and waiting for 50 ticks.

He tried one last time, three firm knocks on the smooth wood, just like a few hours ago, and waited 30 ticks before giving up and trying the other closed door across the hall.

He did the same thing on that door too. Three solid knocks on the oak door, waiting exactly 75 ticks before knocking another time.

This time waiting 50 ticks that were at the same speed thanks to the clock hanging on a wall by the staircase, and knocking one last time, three for good measure, before waiting 30 seconds.

He gave up, getting no answer six times bound to make someone give up, unless they were an extremely patient person, but PJ wasn't.

He decided he would just open the door instead. So he opened the door he was in front of first, to find it completely empty.

The paint on the walls were blue and red, and it actually looked fresh. Like it was just painted a few hours ago. But there seemed to be nothing else in the room.

PJ closed the door and opened the next door. This room had black walls and a white ceiling, that contrasted to the blankets on the bed.

The comforter on the bed was an ombrè, red fading to blue, and if you asked him, it was the best ombrè PJ had ever seen.

There was an open window at the side of the bedroom, blue curtains to compare against the black floor.

There was a large dresser opposite the window, against the wall and next to an open walk in closet.

But all that mattered was the room was empty, and the window was open.

I am so sorry I haven't updated. I was planning on doing this Friday, but instead lots of unplanned things happened.

Don't forget to leave a comment on this story to vote for our start of the daily chapters, and I have a quick thing to add.

I figured some people would comment on the same story different things, so what I've decided to do was form a way so everyone knows if I'm open to suggestions or not.

At the end of each chapter, please look for either □ or ■.

□ will mean I'm open to suggestions and ■ will mean I'm already working on a story so calm your tits and just wait.

I thank everyone who plans on participating and for all you Jaytim fans out there I'm writing a Jaytim book for Jaytim week, which also starts tomorrow.

I thank everyone who has been with me for the past 78 days (yes, I counted) and who have been leaving good comments and votes!

I hope to see you all tomorrow!