Jaydick《37》Sick Of It pt. 3

It's been two years since that day.

Everyone had already paid their respects at the grave, all except Jason. It was his turn.

Jason walked on the ground of the cemetary, walking up to a grave he'd rather not see on this particular day, but he had to do it.

Jason walked up to the grave, that had the name of the man he loved most engraved into the stone. It hurt Jason too much.

Jason kneeled on the ground, sitting right on top of where his older brothers coffin was directly six feet under.

Jason went out and brushed his hand against the cold stone, and looked down at the red rose at the bottom of it.

Two years Jason had gone without his oldest brother to guide him in life. It was too long, and Jason still grieved.

Jason thought if only he were faster, quicker to save his brother from the hands of Joker, Jason wouldn't be so alone.

After the death of the first former Robin, Jason had began to realize what Bruce felt when he was attacked by the Joker.

Just seconds too late, losing one of the people you love most in the world to death, by the hands of the man they both hated the most.

"Hi Dick." Jason said to the stone.

"It's... it's been a tough two years. Without you here, Damian is getting more ruthless, Tim is getting less sleep... it goes on." Jason explained.

"I wish... I wish I knew how to be you. To help. But I can't. I don't know what to do I don't-" Jason started crying, his voice breaking.

"You brought us all together. You were this screwed up family's glue. And now you're gone, and we don't know what... how to act anymore."

Jason curled his hands into fits on his knees, looking down at the ground as he let the shinging tears fall from his eyes, his breath broken.

"You were always so happy, and you knew how to respond to difficult situations, way better than anyone else."

More tears fell on the ground, and Jason squeezed his fists so tightly they turned white.

"I always thought you were annoying because of how happy you were. But now I know, you broke seeing everyone else be so sad."

Jason looked back on the stone, bringing his right hand to delicately trace the name engraved into it.

"I had no right to be mad at you. I was just trying to cover my feelings of what I really felt for you. It was just easier." Jason explained, knowing his brother wasn't listening.

"I still keep it. It's on my wall, in a glass case. If anyone notices they don't dare bother to ask about it. But I kept it. After all this time."

10 years ago...

"I want to give this to you, Jason. Promise me you'll take good care of it." Dick told his younger brother, placing the object in his hand.

Jason just looked at it questionably, as he examined it further up close, turning it at different angles.

"What's so special about it?" Jason asked.

"It was a gift from my mother, before she passed away. I want you to have it. And some day, I want you to give it to your kid."

Jason still looked skeptical, but just shrugged away his suspicions and carefully tucked it in his pocket.

"Then I'll take good care of it until then." Jason promised, smiling up at his older brother.

"Now, c'mon! You promised to show me a new move today!" Jason shouted, running down to the cave.

Dick just chuckled at how excited his brother was, before following Jason down to the living room where the Grandfather Clock was.

"I miss you Dickiebird. Everyone does. And I'm sorry that I couldn-" Jason broke down sobbing again before finishing the sentence.

"I'm so so sorry. I was too late. I'm sorry I couldn't save you." Jason murmured into his hands that covered his face.

Gotham was quiet for now, and a little chilly. Jason was wearing a jacket, but he didn't wear any gloves. He forgot them in a rush to the graveyard.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there to save you in time. If I could turn back time and change one mistake, I would be faster at saving you."

Jason cried into his hands, before a warm embrace came onto his back, warm arms wrapping around his figure.

"It's okay Jaybird. I forgive you."

The voice. It was his. Jason looked up to see the face of the man that died. He tried to save him but he died, and now he's back.

"Dick? A-are you really-" Jason whispered, going to touch his brothers face.

Dick smiled, pulling his younger brothers hand towards his cheek, letting Jason feel the warmth on his cold hands.

"I'm real Jay. And I'm sorry I had to lie to you like that for so long. But I'm back, and I'm never leaving again."

Jason could feel his heart pounding against his chest, his breathing becoming labored as he felt the nice skin of his brother on his finger tips.

"Wha- how?" Jason asked his brother in disbelief.

"I'll explain everything to you later, Jay. But I'm back now."

Jason was still trying to wrap his head around the entire information. And then he remembered. The funeral was closed casket.

"You never died?" Jason asked, the question circling around in his head.

"I would never leave you like that Jay." Dick reassured his younger brother, before wrapping him in another hug.

"I thought I lost you." Jason cried into his older brothers shoulder, the tears falling onto Dick's thick winter coat.

"It's okay. I'm back now, and that's all that matters." He whispered to his brother, that was now squeezing him, refusing to let go.

The two were like that for almost an hour, until Jason didn't have any more tears left to shed for his no longer dead brother.

So...

Let me explain. This is supposed to be during the Spyral run in Grayson, although in this Jason doesn't find out the way he does in the comics.

I hope you enjoyed that, next chapter is sort of an announcement that I encourage you all to participate in.