Jaydick《80》The Gala pt.2

"Well, I can only hope you find someone." Dick said, raising his glass.

Jason raised his eyebrows curiously before rising his own to connect his glass to the others. The liquid quickly swayed with his actons before coming back to rest, the bubbles illuminating with the lights surrounding the room. A small smile grew onto Jason's face as he went to drink, trying to shove away all the thoughts that had just hit him like a whirlwind.

The man took a small sip before going to wipe at his mouth with his hand. His golden watch shimmered under the lights, attracting Dick's attention to the artifact.

Memories flooded his head, swirling inside of his gut, and he had to focus on keeping his mouth closed so he wouldn't ask questions and scare the man away.

"What is it?" He asked curiously, taking the watch from Jason.

"It was my mothers. She gave it away to me before she passed. It's the only thing I have left from her. I swore to her I'd never take it off."

Dick nodded before giving it back to the young boy, who gendly clapsed it back onto his wrist and stared at the moving hand that repeated its movement every new second.

"My mother told me time was valuable, something that should never be taken for granted." Jason continued, staring at the moving hand still, as if he were mesmorized with it.

"Oh?" Dick asked, curiosity rising in his gut.

"Yeah. She told me every second she spent with me she learned to cherishe."

Jason's face formed into one of gloom and dispear quickly, a frown spreading on his face, one Dick knew very well.

"But I never listened to her. I should have. But her time has ended. And I'm forced to watch my own seconds tick by without her."

Dick snapped himself out of his gaze and forced himself to look away from the watch. It was hard. The watch looked too similar, the designs on the band, the small scrapes on the glass from being worn during crime fighting for years, the same intricate shapes of the small hands. Dick wanted to ask the man if he knew Jason, or even...

But it was too ridiculous to think of. Jason couldn't have returned from the dead, as much as he had hoped. He saw Jason's dead body, he saw the still pale chest of his younger brother.

Tears threatened to spill from his eyes.

His time has ended too. He's been forced to watch his own seconds tick by without him.

Those empty, hollow words filled the silence between the two men, ringing in Dick's ear. He balled his free fist and tried to restrain himself from crying. He rubbed his thumb in circles across the side of his pointer finger, counted down from 10 slowly in his head, and focused on his breathing, just like Dina had taught him to do whenever he felt overwhelmed.

Not whelmed at all.

Jason watched the crowd up until this moment, his attention coming back to the older man when he breathed out a heavy sigh, his thumb stopping its movement and his breathing steady again.

"You okay?" Jason asked cautiously, wondering if he should put his hand on his shoulder or not.

"Yeah," Dick replied. "Just, remembered something that happened a while ago. Nothing to worry about."

But he was lying. Jason could tell, Dick could tell, they both knew he wasn't telling the truth. Jason's death impacted Dick a lot more than he would care to admit. Something inside him diead, and guilt replaced the empty hole, and started nibbling at everything else.

Jason was tempted to call him out, he really was. But looking at his brothers heartbroken face was enough to tell him that he shouldn't. He would just end up pushing him away farther.

"Well, if you need someone to vent to, I'm always available to listen." Jason claimed, before sliding a hand into one of his pockets, retreiving a small piece of paper and a pen. He scribbled out his phone number, the only one that wasn't on a burner phone, and handed it to the raven haired man.

Dick eyed it before smiling slightly and slipping the piece of paper into his own pocket. "I'll keep that in mind."

Okay guys I know this was a shorter chapter than usual, by like 300 words, but I felt this is where I can get away with ending this part without being asked for a third part.

Sadly my time for this book is almost up. I have 4 more parts left to write before the final chapter that will include a whole bunch of shoutouts and some other stuff.

I hope you all enjoyed this book, and don't forget that I'll be going back to edit and possibly rewrite my book The Stories I Never Told. I plan on also ending my books My 10 Exes. My 10 Fears and High School Musical Klance so that I can finally get to my other books such as Poseidon and Knowing Family pt. 2.

Also if there are any PJO/HOO fans out there I would like to know if I should start a book I plan on working on. You can PM me and ask questions about it and help me decide what to do. Of course you'd get a shoutout for helping me if so.

But that's all the news I have for now.

Stay traught.

Get whelmed.

And feel the aster!