Jaytim《42》Work

Jason Todd had been in the security guard work force for almost two years now, but yet he was the best of them all.

All of the other security guards had been too afraid to patrol with him or even get close to him in general.

Jason naturally gives off a 'back away or I will end you' vibe and it really uncomforts everyone on the job.

The only one who was mildly okay with him was Roy Harper, but even then sometimes he too was scared of the man.

Jason had a very strong build, was taller than probably everyone, and was more flexible and durable than everyone, guaranteed.

Kor'i was a sweet person, and would be nice to the man, she sometimes talked to him, but for the most part just stayed away from him.

He and Roy had been seen together a few times while patrolling the museum, and talking, but he too stayed away.

It's not like Jason needed help. Sure they lived in Gotham City and the museum would be robbed at least twice a week, but Jason always handed the goons their butts back to them.

The newest recruit, Dick Grayson, had tried talking to the man for two weeks, but Jason didn't budge. Never cracked a smile or talked to the man.

Dick had given up, but got along with everyone else, and he, Barbara Gordon, and Zatanna Zatara all shifted together.

When buzz around the chat on the monthly phone call he had to attend about a holiday party, Jason weighed it out in his head.

For the most part, Jason was a loner, and didn't really want to be around all the annoying people he worked with.

On the other hand, this was a time he could drink without his husband ranting on about how he should only do it on special occasions.

This, he thought, was a special occasion, so he figured he would attend to the party.

After the call his husband asked what it was about, and he also debated telling his husband. And when he did so, he had only seen him smile so big a few times.

One was obviously when Jason proposed, the other on a wedding day, and a few times when he gave him very meaningful presents.

The New Year's Eve party at the museum was a blast, although Jason had started to seriously regret going at all.

When Tim first walked into the room, he demanded Jason introduce him to everyone he knew, which was a lot of people.

The problem was he never exactly mentioned to Tim that not a lot of people talk to him, or even get in range of him for that matter.

So when Roy walked up to him, shocked to meet Tim, he could see the stiffness in Tim's shoulders.

"Ah, Roy. This is Tim. Tim, this is Roy." Jason introduced the two, and Tim shook the red heads hand eagerly.

"Hi Tim." Roy simply told the man, before leaving the two with a smile.

After Roy left the scene, Tim turned to face his husband, a mix of sad and mad sleeping into his facial features.

"Jason. Did you not tell anyone about me?" Tim asked, all the sadness replacing the hints of anger.

"Um, Tim. Can we talk for a second? Outside?" Jason asked nervously, his palms sweating a little.

"Sure." Tim replied, all his sadness hiding behind his curious gaze.

Jason walked out the door they came in, the cold night and fresh air blowing into his face, a sign of relief.

"What do you wanna talk about?" Tim asked him, walking beside him, grabbing one of Jason's sweaty palms for reassurance.

"Tim. Promise me you won't get mad?" Jason looked down at the other, worry stretched into his facial lines.

"Depends." Tim answered, raising an eyebrow and popping out his hip to the right.

Jason took in a deep breath. "See, the thing is, everyone doesn't exactly try to become friends with me. So sure I know everyone, but not on a personal level."

Tim's face fell a little, the sadness overtaking his curiousness, and looked into Jason's blue eyes with his own.

"Jason. Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I was scared of letting you down. You know I'm not a big people person, and you know I'm not the biggest fan of crowds."

Tim sighed, closing his eyes and squeezing Jason's hand in his grip.

"Jason while I understand, you work with these people. At least try to get along with them." Tim explained, opening his eyes.

"I guess I could try a little harder. Bit there's no promises they'll accept me trying to get along after two years." Jason's gaze lowered to the floor.

"Hey. Look at me. It'll be fine. Sure it might be weird at first, but you do well under pressure, that I'm confident about."

Jason slowly let his gaze look back up to Tim's starling blue eyes, his gaze feeling a little more comforting.

"Thanks Tim." Jason smiled slightly, his lip sided grin that Tim loved made the other chuckle a little.

"No problem. I am your husband after all. Not some person you know trying to get you to do something."

"Ain't that the same thing?" Jason asked, now smirking, already knowing how Tim was gonna react.

Tim gasped in sarcastic shock. "Jason! I'm your husband! Not just some friend!"

Jason laughed at Tim, who was giggling slightly at his own reaction to Jason's question.

Jason wrapped his arms around his husbands hips, and looked down at Tim, who had stopped giggling and smiled back up at Jason.

"I love you." Jason said suddenly, leaning down.

"I know. You pretty much married me. But I love you too." Tim smiled, leaning forward.

Their lips met, just as people started screaming "Happy New Year" all around, people clapping and laughing.

The clichè of the moment made the couple laugh into their kiss, pressing harder against each other.

Part of me wants to smile at how cute these two are together in this chapter.

Another part of me wants to gag at the amount of clichè I put into this chapter.

I hope you liked this small amount of fluff between the two.

Next chapter will be part 6 of the Avengers Crossover chapter! Who's excited for that? I can name two people off the top of my head right now.

And one of them ain't me, although I am excited to update it.

Take care and I hope you're all doing well with this Corona business.