Jaytim《68》Tutor

Highschool AU

No capes.

And I don't know why but I just feel in more of a Jaytim mood.

Soccer team captian? No problem.

Football? No sweat.

Baseball leauge? Ha, he could do that in his sleep.

Math homework? H€ll no.

And that's what lead him to stay afterschool for a meeting with his algebra teacher, Mrs. Queen. It wasn't that he hated his algebra teacher, in fact, it was far from it. She could handle his anger with a lot of patience and was a really cool teacher.

His problem was the subject she was teaching. Jason was always horrible at math, he knew that.

English was always his strongest suit in school. Mrs. Prince was a really good teacher, and he quite enjoyed listening to her recite Pride And Prejudice.

But now he was failing algebra, and he figured Mrs. Queen had about it.

"Jason, take a seat."

Jason stalks into the classroom, taking one of the front row seats in front of Mrs. Queen's desk, plopping his ugly brown and dirty backpack on the floor next to his feet. He stares right into his teachers eyes, and she does the same.

"So what was I called in here for?" Jason asks, breaking the long silence between him and Mrs. Queen during their staring contest.

"I'm worried about your grades, Jason. I've noticed you're doing exceptionally well in English, and history and chemistry seems to be going okay, but you algebra on the other hand-"

"Is total shite, I know. Anything else you'd like to clear up that I already know?"

Mrs. Queen just kept a straight face, which actually suprised Jason a little bit, however he managed to look unphased on the outside at her regular stern face.

"I want you to get a tutor."

Now this. This caused a reaction from Jason, one he definitely wouldn't be able to attain. The anger he felt towards that one statement was too much.

"No way in h€ll." Jason glared daggers at his algebra teacher, who still looked unphased at his reaction. He had never met someone so patient.

"His name is Timothy Drake. Quite the genius. You heard of him?" Mrs. Queen continued.

Of course Jason's heard of him. He didn't know a single person in Gotham who hasn't heard of the name Timothy Drake or what he's done.

"Real smart, graduating three years early, technological genius, part of the Wayne Enterprises board, adopted son of Bruce Wayne, owns like trillions of dollars from his parents inheritance and Drake Enterprises? That Timothy Drake?"

"You seem to know quite a lot about him." Mrs. Queen informed, raising one of her eyebrows. Jason could have sworn he saw the smallest hint of amusement on her face.

"Yeah, well, news comes around fast in a place like Gotham."

Mrs. Queen just hummed in agreement before continuing the former conversation.

"As I was saying, I already talked to Timothy about this. He says he'd be more than happy to help tutor you in algebra."

Mrs. Queen gave one of those smiles that made you fear for your life but also make you feel like the safest personon the planet all at the same time.

Jason just nodded and headed out of the classroom, walking home and preparing for the beating he was most certainly going to get from his father for being late.