Jaytim《52》Black and White

If you listened closely, you could hear the sounds of someone being punched harshly by someone else in an alleyway in Gotham.

And if you were there, you would see the famous anti-hero Red Hood punching a low life thug in the stomach.

And if you knew the anti-hero at all, you would know he was pissed at something the thug had just said to the younger man.

"And I bet that he's scared of you. Just keeping you at a close distance, only to make sure if you fell for his fake charm, you wouldn't hurt him."

The Red Hood angrily punched the older mans collarbone in return, hopefully shattering it, so he didn't have to hear the words coming out of the mans mouth.

"And I bet somewhere deep down, you still want to hurt him." The thug whispered, before hacking on air, and then passing out.

Jason snarled at the thug, even though he had passed out, his words kept going on repeat in his head over and over again.

Somewhere deep down, you still want to hurt him.

Jason angrily grabbed at his hood that covered his head and furiously threw it at the ground, knowing that the man was wrong.

He didn't want to hurt Tim. He never did. It was all really about hurting Batman more than Tim. Tim just got unluckily stuck in the crossfire between the two.

It's not like Jason meant to harm Tim the way he did, all those new scars Tim now had on his body because of him. Jason hated it. He hated himself for it.

Jason was so lost in thought that he didn't hear the footsteps of the teen in question, or even him calling out his name.

"Jason?"

Jason snapped and whipped out a gun without thinking, pointing it at Tim before he registered what was happening.

At then the words played on repeat in his head again. Somewhere deep down, you still want to hurt him. And that hurt Jason.

Jason thought he didn't want to hurt Tim, but what if he just assumed wrong? What if he really didn't like Tim, and didnt know it?

As Jason thought it over, he started to cry, dropping the weapon on the floor, and using his hand to clench at his armor over his heart, as if something was hurting him.

"Jason? Jason, are you alright? Please just, just tell me what's wrong with you. Are you hurt?" Tim insisted.

Jason just looked to the floor instead, as if it would give him answers to his unspoken questions of everything.

"Jay, please tell me what's wrong." Tim pushed, reaching to grab one of Jason's hands, only to have it ripped violently from his grasp.

"Don't touch me." Jason told the younger, his voice wavering, as is he were about to cry.

"Why? What happened?" Tim asked, sounding hurt, sadness sketched across his face and seeped into his temples.

"Don't... don't come closer. Go away." Jason seethed, looking up at Tim with blazing eyes. If looks could kill, Tim would already be dead.

"Jason please tell me what's going on with you." Tim insisted, wanting so deeply to just wrap his arms around Jason.

"I... I hurt you Tim. I... If you stay with me I'll just keep hurting you." Jason whispered quietly, facing the floor again, tears dripping off his eyelashes and onto the floor.

"Jason. How many times do I have to tell you I forgive you? I'm still alive, and you won't hurt me." Tim tried to reassure the older.

"How do you know that!? That I won't hurt you again. How are you so sure, Tim?" Jason cried out, looking Tim dead in the eyes.

Teal met blue and crystal white eyes met red ones. It was as if black was meeting white, and white tries to accept the black.

"Because I know you Jason. And I know you would never purposefully hurt me ever again." Tim replied, a small smile creeping onto his face.

"But what if I hurt you on accident and you die? How will I live with myself? You deserve someone so much be-"

Jason's worried ranting and sobbing was cut off short by Tim.

"Don't you dare say that Jason. You of all people deserve the best form of love. If anything, it's me who doesn't deserve you."

This time Tim didn't care Jason wanted to be left alone, or not be touched by anyone. He squeezed Jason into a hug anyway.

"But I could hurt you again. I almost killed you so many times. I could do it again, I could do something worse. I-"

Tim just shushed Jason and used one of his hands to force Jason's head to rest on his shoulder, his ranting muffled by the black sweatshirt he was wearing.

"Hey, it's okay, you won't hurt me. It'll all be okay." Tim soothed the shaking Jason, using a hand to swipe his fingers into the black and white hair repeatedly.

Jason in turn just desperately clutched Tim's jacket into balled up fists and he stood there, shaking and crying.

The two stood like that, in the middle of an abandoned alleyway, dark lighting, and a random thug passes out against a wall.

Jason's hood was discarded earlier, and Tim had lost his cape due to it being set on fire earlier.

Together, the two are a masterpiece, streaks of color to represent their measured up lives.

But separately, they are black and white.

Tim is the white, the clear color that everyone loves to see, a color that means happiness, the color of stars and clouds in the sky.

Jason is the black, the dark color that is nearly impossible to see perfectly, a color that means loneliness, and depression, and all things bad.

But together, black and white make gray. Gray is the color of in between, a color that can go with almost every color, and joins black and white.

Ack sorry for not mentioning this was gonna be a Jaytim chapter in the previous one.

Anyway, I hoped you liked it, and it made sense, as seeing I wrote this all at 2:20 am and literally wrote the last half first.

And then I decided it was way too short and added about 400 more words to the beginning.

So hopefully everything sounds okay. I've been thinking about it, and I never really did one where Jason was scared about the things he dis in the past.

For example, try to kill Tim. On multiple occasions. So I figured I would try it.

Uh, next chapter is Jaydick, and for those who are wanting the crossover chapters, I will be coming out with a book soon.

I might edit the chapters or rewrite them. Who knows at this point? I don't lol.

Jean out.