Jaydick《45》Poisonous

The cold and harsh wind blew through Jason's ebony hair as he raced across the rooftops of Gotham City.

He muttered under his breath the same sentence over and over again, only one person on his mind.

Less than five minutes ago he was alerted over the com link by Oracle that KGBeast had been killed by Turantula, and Nightwing needed help.

At first he was worried Turantula had somehow beaten the vigilante dressed in black in blue, but the tone in Barbara's worried voice made him think otherwise.

She was worried. I mean, she had been worried plenty of times before hand, especially when any of the bats were in trouble.

But this was different. The worry in her voice was more shaky, it sounded as if she were holding back tears, trying to stop herself from crying.

After she had broken up with the former boy wonder, she had become less worried, of course, but she was still worried about him.

Jason had only seen Barbara Gordon cry three times in his life so far, and every time he witnessed it it hurt him emotionally as well.

Barbara was one of the strongest people Jason had ever met, even after losing her legs, or at least the use of them, she had still found a way to help.

As Jason ventured closer to his destination, he could barely make out a lump on the rooftop of some building complex.

When he made out a small gleam of blue shine off the dark figure, Jason pushed himself to run even faster towards the Romanian vigilante.

He jumped off the last rooftop and landed on his legs, causing all the nerves in his feet to spike in protest.

But Jason couldn't care. All he could care, or even think about was the figure on the rooftop. The sight scared him.

Dick was breathing in ragged breaths, unnormal and unconstant breathing, and even through the lenses of the mask, he could see the striking blue eyes mistifyed.

It looked like he was spelled, in a haze, yet somehow worse than either. Jason didn't have time to debate if it was worse or better.

All he could think about were a few simple things.

1. Nightwing was having a panic attack.

2. Jason was the only person there right now.

3. Nightwing needed to be taken care of.

And 4. Jason was going to be the one to do that.

All other thoughts were thrown out the window, as some people would say. Out of his thoughts. No others existed to him right now.

Jason quickly ran over to the figure, the vigilante not even bothering to acknowledge his existence.

Red Hood dropped down on his knees, the dirty rooftop covered in peppbles dirt, and mud mixed together to form a second layer of concrete.

"Nightwing?" Jason asked, his breathing hitched when he could hear the Romanian mutter something in between jagged breaths.

"Nightwing? Can you hear me?" Jason tried again, hoping to get a better answer than the previous.

He listened intently, focusing on his boyfriends lips, on the movement they made to try and figure out what he was saying.

Go away.

Of all the things in the world Dick Grayson could have said to his youngest brother, he told him to go away. Not even bothering to make a joke.

This was obviously not a joke, as seeing he was serious, even when in the middle of a panic attack. He meant both words.

"No." Jason firmly replied, going to lift up his older brother into a much more comfortable position on the roof, one that didn't include laying on the dirty muck.

"Go away." Nightwing managed to say even louder this time, his voice sounding like he was out of breath, wheezing.

"No. You need help." Jason insisted, pulling Dick to sit up.

"Go away." The vigilante managed to clearly say, his voice still coming out in a wheeze, yet much firmer this time, so serious.

"No. Not when you need help. I need you to talk to me." Red Hood sternly pointed out.

"Don't touch me." Dick managed to say this time, trying to force his body away, only to loose balance at the wrong time and lean forward.

Jason saw this as his chance to be able to firmly grasp his boyfriend, hopefully to stop him from whatever he might do, even if the chance was small.

Barbara had informed Red Hood of what happened. Especially what happened to his boyfriend, courtesy of Tarantula.

Jason swore he would get revenge on her later for it, but right now Dick needed him, he needed someone to pull him out of his emotionally unstable haze.

"Don't touch me." Dick said into Jason's shoulder, using a limp arm to lightly push Jason away from him, though no such luck of what he intened to happen happened.

"I'm..." he tried to mumble out, although this time his voice growing weaker and cut him off before he could speak anything else.

"Poisonous.... numb..." he managed to squeak out, trying to get Jason to get away from him.

"I got you Dickie. Just breathe for me." Jason reassured, rubbing his back slowly in small circles.

Jason had never seen Dick in the middle of a panic attack, he knew that he had never been in one, really. Or at least that's what he was told.

Even being the mans boyfriend still made him a little rough around the edges. He still wasn't told everything.

That's one of the only problems Jason has with him, but he hoped that if he opened up about his feelings, every feeling, Dick would open up.

"Don't touch me." Dick said again. He tried, really tried. Or at least, what trying was considered for someone in such a hardly emotional state.

"She ain't here no more bluebird. I got you." Jason told his boyfriend yet again, continuing to rub circles on his back.

Jason knew it would take time to get over what happened that night. He had personal experience when it came to traumatizing experiences.

He didn't want what happened to his boyfriend to ever happen in the first place, and secretly Jason was pissed.

But he also knew that he would be there for Dick, because he didn't want to be Bruce. He would be there for him this time.

He promised that night he would be there for him every step of the way. Even if he had to go through therapy and messed up emotional whatnot.

Jason had promised he would be there for it all. And he would stay true to his word.

Wahoo! Who else enjoyed this chapter? *cricket noises*

Okay fine. I'll try to stop traumatizing these characters. Key word being tried.

But c'mon, they're already traumatized enough as is. Why not just add on to the ridiculously horrible things they've been through already?

Hope you enjoyed, I might make a part two, if I feel like it. I haven't decided yet.

Maybe Nightwing will go through therapy or something messed up. Dunno.

Next chapter is gonna be some weird one. You'll see. Jean out.