Jaytim《69》Card Tricks

Requested by an unknown person.

Flirty Tim AU

"Red Hood. We meet again."

Jason landed on the roof, his anger still present as ever, ready to shoot the man that stood before him in the face.

"Jack. What do you need?"

"I need a little favor." The man replied, that devious smirk spread across his plump pale pink lips and he slid one of his hands down his thigh.

Jason narrowed his eyes at the man, not wanting to take his flirts and dirty comments tonight. Tonight he was about ready to send this man straight to Arkham. Again.

But, knowing how smart the man was and how easily he could fool people into thinking their luck has run out just through a simple card, sending him to Arkham wouldn't do a thing.

"If any of those favors include you and me getting together in any sort of way I'm out."

There was a specific glint in the mans eyes that made Jason angrier yet feel threatened at the same time. It was only there when Jack was about ready to say something highly dirty, and that pissed Jason off.

"Well I guess there goes that plan. Might as well go home now and dream about you sliding your-"

"What do you need Jack?"

Jason was getting royally pissed off at the man, and he was seconds away from punching him.

"I have information about a possible drug trade happening during a Wayne gala."

Now this. This is what made Jason less furious. Getting straight to the point.

"And why would you tell me this?"

"Ah you know me too well. You see, I benefit from this little ordeal from this as well."

"And what would that be?"

And then there was that glint in his eyes that made Jason's whole body shiver in fear. Fear for his life and everyone in the world's.

Jason watched as the raven haired man slipped out cards from his pocket, which made Jason's fear double in size. Jack was going to make him play a card game.

Jack sat down on the floor and easily mixed up the cards in his hands, shuffling in any way Jason knew existed.

"Choose a card, Hood."

Jack smiled up at him after he placed each card in a block pattern. Jason would never admit it out loud, but he was absolutely terrified.

"Choose the right card and I tell you what I gain. Choose the wrong one and you're stuck with me for the night."

At those words Jason desperately prayed to any existing god he knew that he would choose the right card. He knew how Jack's powers worked. If he chose the wrong one, his body would be stuck doing whatever Jack's conditions were.

Which meant if he chose the wrong one, he wouldn't be allowed to leave Jack's side until the morning.

Jason sat down on the floor, and scanned over every card with his eyes, sweat pooling on his neck and forehead.

"Choose wisely." Jack said, causing Jason to grow even more nervous.

Red Hood hesitated, before picking up a card towards the right side of the block in the middle row. He didn't see Jack falter for a second, which caused Jason to grow more nervous, even though he of all people knew Jack's acting skills were 12/10.

Jason picked up the card and looked at the other side. Sighing in relief, he told Jack what the card was. "It's a jack. Spade."

The thing Jason first picked up on Jack was that he was named after his most unlucky card, a jack. Any jack's in his pile were the wild card. Which meant Jason was able to spend the rest of the night Jack free.

Jack frowned slightly. "My benefit is that if you go, I'll get to spend the evening with you."

Now Jason was taken aback. "Say what?"

"These drug dealers are part of a case I've been following up on. If this particular drug falls into the wrong hands... bye bye Gotham City for good. Gotham's my home. I can't let that happen."

"But I can handle this just fine."

"And I'm not saying you can't. But I'm coming with if you're coming. Actually, either way I'm going, but I feel it'd be a whole lot easier if we teamed up. Bulletproof cards and card tricks won't help me bust a drug ring."

As much as Jason hated to admit it, Jack had a point. There was only so much he himself could do without Jason. Now Jason had been doing this for a while now, and he couldn't let Gotham get destroyed either.

Gotham City may be the dirtiest, most crime ridden city on Earth, but it was home, to both him and Jack, and Jason has the power to stop dirty people from destroying it.

And it was now that Jason realized Jack had tricked him. Played him. He took a deadly situation and used it to his advantage, all so he could spend an evening with the Red Hood.

Jason was mad now. Furious even. He hated being played, especially like this. He hated that one of his greatest enemies could fool him like this.

"So will you help me take down this drug trade, or will I have to somehow manage to take it down all on my own?" Jack asked, cutting Jason away from his thoughts.

Jason sighed in defeat, before giving Jack back his card. "Thank goodness this Wayne gala will be a masquerade."

Jack laughed a little, which was one of the sweetest things Jason had ever heard.

"Yeah, that can be pretty helpful to this mission."

Jack was wearing a simple black mask, just like the one Jason wore under his Hood, and a white dress shirt with a red vest.

He had on black dress pants and a red tie, along with black dress shoes that matched the shade of his black hair.

Jason envisioned the man in a full tux and couldn't help but keep the blush off his face.

"So what's the plan?"

This was...

Not my favorite, in all honesty.

I... I feel like I could have done better with the plot the person gave me, but I don't know what to change, so I'll just leave it as it is.

I hope you enjoyed!

♡♡♡