Jaydick《●14●》

Prompt

5. "Hold me I'm cold."

Suggested by @LeonInTheLead

Blue shades surrounded Jason, the fierce force of the water pushing against his heavy armor, only able to use his eye sight as he scanned the lake.

All he could see was the murky water, with the occasional piece of garbage floating around in the water. No Nightwing.

Jason used all of his strength to push himself against the weight of the water, his hood being the only source of his oxygen. Eventually he too will run out.

His guns straped to his thighs felt weightless compared to the amount of pressure he was under. The pressure that he could be too late.

The pressure that he would never find his boyfriend. The pressure of time itself, ticking down until he loses all of his oxygen. The pressure of the water pushing itself together around it.

Frantically searching the water, Jason pushed himself deeper into the water, his real eyes quickly moving from side to side, scanning for any sign of black or blue.

A deep feeling of sadness built up in his chest, making it feel heavier than it honestly should have felt. Every second longer, was another moment the feeling spread.

Jason felt like curling up in a ball and dying, finding no sight of his boyfriend, and the alert that his oxygen was running low was making it feel worse.

He felt like crying out to the water, hoping for a response from Nightwing. He felt like tearing apart the waters with his bare fists.

But most importantly, he felt like tearing Deathstroke limb by limb, torturing the man. He did this. He was the reason Jason and Dick were in this position in the first place.

Jason hated the man dressed in black and orange. He had known for a long time of Deathstoke and Nightwing's long history together, which just made him hate the old man even more.

"Please no." Jason whispered to himself, still no sight of his boyfriend, his helmet reminding him he only had two minutes left of oxygen.

He was about to turn around, when the sight of dark blue met the corner of his eye, making him jerk toward that general direction and push himself against the waves.

"Please be him." Jason whispered, not caring if no one or everyone in the world could hear him at the moment. He just wanted Nightwing to be safe.

As Jason got closer, he could barely make out the black of the rest of the suit. But the rather pale skin of his face was enough information for Jason to know that he had found the man.

His mask alerted him he had a minute worth left of oxygen as he wrapped his arms around the floating figure.

"Just hold on a little longer, please." Jason begged the man he carried in his arms, even though he knew that Nightwing couldn't even hear him.

Jason started swimming up, the countdown for when he runs out of oxygen ticking down as he tried to push himself and his boyfriend out of the water.

With five seconds left on the clock, Jason had just made it to the surface, or to the top of the water where he would be able to breathe again.

He tried swimming to shore with one hand, but it was taking forever in his opinion, so he wrapped the vigilantes arms around his neck and started swimming, Nightwing's body on top of his own.

Jason was scared to say the least. They had been under for probably a good seven minutes, and Nightwing had been under for another three.

He didn't know if his boyfriend would be able to survive this. Sure, he was trained by Batman, but that doesn't stop either of them from having similar chances of dying by drowning compared to a normal person.

When two of his fingertips were able to touch concrete, Jason hurridley grabbed Nightwings body and placed it on the concrete before pulling himself up onto the land.

Not bothering to waste a second, the younger man ripped off one of his gloves and pressed two fingers against the older mans neck.

At first, he couldn't feel a pulse, which let the feeling of wanting to die stretch out all the way in Jason's body. But he pressed a little harder.

It was so faint. So slow. But it was something, and Jason could work with something.

Immediately going to preform CPR on his boyfriend, Jason pressed both hands on the vigilantes chest, pressing down and releasing the pressure at a fast rhythm.

"C'mon Dickiebird. You can't give up on me." Jason whispered to himself for the eighth time that day, desperately praying for a miracle to happen.

"Don't leave me." Jason cried out softly, tears threatening to spill out of his warm teal eyes.

After doing 50 pushes, Jason had enough and tore his hood off his head before slamming his lips onto his boyfriends, breathing air into the small gap.

Tears were coming put of his eyes now, as Jason continued to breathe into his boyfriends body, checking for a stronger pulse here or there.

What made him freak was the fact that it was getting weaker. "No! Don't do this to me!" Jason yelled, looking down at the older mans face.

He looked so peaceful. His pale skin and faint freckles, his black hair faintly touching his eyebrows, his chest hardly moving.

"Dam it just wake up!" Jason screamed, slamming his fist onto his boyfriends chest, causing the other to start hacking and couching, his lungs trying to remove the water.

Jason just looked at him in amazement, saying his thanks to whatever God or Gods were up there, watching as his boyfriend struggled to breathe.

"Are you okay?" Jason asked worriedly  when Dick stopped coughing, instead shivering slightly, laying his head back down on the rather uncomfortably unsmooth concrete.

It took a moment for the vigilante to register his surroundings and what his boyfriend had asked him. He looked up at the younger worried Male, a small smile creeping it's way onto his face.

"I'm fine."

But Jason wasn't taking it. "No you're not, you're shivering."

"Then just hold me. I'm cold."

Awwww look at them. So cute. Otp.

And guess who managed to write another chapter? Me! Yeah! Man, it feels good to be able to write less depressing stuff.

That phase was not fun, though I'm sure I'll go through it at least five more times in the next two months.

~ Jean Drake