Jaydick《55》The Gala

So this is kind of like Jason is back from the dead, but no one knows that yet, and he's trying to gather Intel from someone at a gala.

Dick looked at himself in the tall mirror hanging on the wall in his bedroom, tugging at the vest collar.

No many how many times he tugged and pulled at different sections of his suit, it always seemed to stay the same way on his body.

He sighed as he looked into his reflection, a black vest and tie to match his black dress pants and dress shoes.

If he was being honest to himself, and he wasn't, he would have thought he looked presentable enough to go out in public.

But then again, ge wasn't the best person at being honest with himself, so he kept tugging at the suit, like somehow the nagging feeling in the pit of his stomach would go away.

Today was a very special gala, and even though technically he was a legal adult, and of legal drinking age, he sadly still had to attend to some of them.

Don't get him wrong, he loved dressing up and being surrounded by people. It's just the people themselves that were the problem.

All of them were exactly the same. Power and money hungry snobs that always want even more than they already have.

As Dick was tugging at his tie slightly for the fifth time that night, he heard someone knock on his bedroom door.

"Come in." He replied to the person, not bothering to see who it was, now tugging at a cuff on his right sleeve.

"The guests have arrived, Master Richard." Alfred simply explained, standing in the doorway as he watched the younger tug at his cuffs.

"Thanks Alfred, I'll be down in a second." Dick told the other, still mighty frustrated at how his appearance seemed off, but he just couldn't pin what.

The door to his bedroom shut, and after another full two minutes of studying himself in the mirror, he gave up and decided he looked fine enough.

He walked out of his bedroom and down the vast staircase that lead to a hallway that poured into the room specifically for galas.

The raven haired man could already hear the classical music, Beethoven, playing from the room, mixed in with laughter and chatting.

He took in a deep breath before opening the doors to be greeted with men in different colored tuxes, most the common black and white some navy blue, one even a dark purple.

There were also of course many different women wearing different colored dresses as well, mostly red and blues to match their companion.

He recognized a few faces, such as Janett Holden and Uriah Ansend. He spotted Damian in the crowd, mingling with a brunette woman at some point as well.

He managed to find find Tim after a little more of hard work, who was with Stephanie and Cass, thankfully.

After he was relieved to find all of his siblings in the large crowd, he decided he himself should start to mingle with the people as well.

He found some loner person standing and looking slightly uncomfortable in the crowd, looking around nervously, clenching the drink in his hand.

The man would have been considered to be a normal person, if it weren't for the splash of white hair in his black hair, and the amount of muscle he pulled off.

Dick decided he would start a conversation with that person and ignore everyone else in the room, pushing his way between a few people to get to the man.

The closer he got the more taller and muscular he seemed to become, and he hist felt attracted to him, pulled by the mans alluring looks.

"Richard Grayson." He offered the man his hand when he reached him.

"Jason Peter." The man offered, shaking his hand and wearing a small smile across his lips.

"Never heard of you before. What do you do for a living?" Dick asked, releasing his grip on the handshake.

"Ah, I'm pretty new to Gotham, ish. I work on building guns, and I volunteer at the public libraries." Jason replied, tucking his hands in his pant pockets.

"That's nice. If I may ask, you said you weren't entirely new to Gotham. May I ask how?"

"I was born here on the streets, and eventually grew old enough to earn enough money to move away to start getting an actual job."

"Yeah, Gotham does have a horrible working system, I will give it that." Dick laughed a little.

"And what does the almighty Richard Grayson do for work?" Jason asked, grabbing two drinks off a try from a waiter passing them around.

"Ah, I'm a police officer over in Blüdhaven, so that takes up a lot of my time." He answered honestly.

"Hm I bet. Crime never seems to want to sleep, does it?" Jason asked, handing him a drink of sparkling juice.

Alfred had started insisting on changing the drinks from wine to sparkling juice because most people got too drunk to drive before the galas usually ended.

"If I may ask, exactly how old are you?" Dick asked the older man, before taking a sib from his plastic clear cup.

"20. Why?" Jason asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Just curious I guess." He shrugged.

"And how old are you?" Jason asked, before taking a sip of his own sparkling juice.

"Guess you don't keep up with the tabloids. I'm 22." He answered, taking another small sip of the juice.

"No, don't bother. Half of them are junk about what they think of other people, it's not the real story sometimes, but you can never tell."

"Hmm. Interesting. Never heard that before." Dick mused.

"But I have seen some of them, for example the one of you dating a red head named Roy Harper, and another named Barbara Gordon."

Dick wanted to spit out his drink from suprise, but thankfully didn't take a sip before that.

"Yeah, guess they caught me. Question is, why did you being that up?"

"Maybe I'm just looking for someone. Maybe I'm not. I'll let you find out."

Hehehe he sneaky little Jason, trying to ask my man out on a date.

Sorry for the late chapter, it would have come out yesterday if I wasn't so addicted to drawing on a whiteboard.

So I'll show you a piece of artwork that will hopefully make up for it.

Okay, I know this chapter was boring, you can thank DickGraysonFangirl for that

I planned on having the two actually know each other originally, and was planning on killing Jason. I'll admit.

Comment if you want a part 2 please.

Next chapter will be Jaytim.