Demonfire《20》

Okay, please don't judge me, but I just realized how little I know about this ship, and I don't feel like doing research since it's currently 2:15 am.

Maybe later. You might not know this, but I'm a very big procrastinator. So I don't feel like sleeping at the moment. Meh.

I also procrastinate on sleep too. Who needs sleep? In my opinion, sleep is useless and a waste of my time, when I could be reading.

Go ahead, sue me. I don't care. But no matter what, I will always think sleep isn't valuable or precious. Thank you.

I also have no idea why this ship name is Demonfire when Mar'i is Nightstar when she's a hero. Someone please explain.

Mar'i Grayson had had a crush on Damian Wayne for the longest of time.

Thankfully over the years of watching him seclude himself in isolation, she learned he wanted nothing to do with people.

And given his certain attitude towards her, she felt as though he hated her above all people. Even Tim Drake. Which was really saying something.

Over the course of the two years she liked him, he would always swear curse words directly at her when given the chance.

He would never answer any of her questions she had, he would never talk to her unless he had something cruel to say.

She never knew why. Over those two years her parents noticed how depressed she was sometimes. They tried to help, they really did.

She spent a lot of time trying to figure out what she did to deserve those words he spewed in her face.

But today was the day her entire life flipped upside down. Today was the day she decided to ask Damian what his problem was with her.

The heels of Mar'i's purple heels hitting the concrete of the driveway that led up to Wayne Manor were filling the silence of the cold of October.

Her breath could be seen every time she breathed out a gasp of air, her nose and cheeks were red from the cold.

Mar'i had put her raven black hair up in a french braid earlier that day, and put in green eyed contacts so people wouldn't question her eyes.

Her gloved had reached out to knock on the front door when she arrived, and she waited in the cold for someone to answer the door.

Not seconds later Alfred opened the door and invited her in.

"Miss Mar'i. Would you require a visit from master Bruce?" Alfred asked.

"Um... actually is Damian here? I need to ask him something really important."

Alfred nodded in understanding.

"The young master is in his room at the moment, would you like me to inform him of your presence?"

"Actually, yes. Can you tell him to meet me in the main living room?" Mar'i asked the butler.

Alfred simply nodded and started to head upstairs. Mar'i went straight for the double doors that opened up to the main living room.

She sat down on the long couch while she waited, expecting it to take a while because she thought Damian would neglect meeting her.

She patted her now ungloved hands on her jeans that were on her legs as she waited looking at the pictures hanging on the walls.

She felt warm inside from the memories and the fire place that was on, that warmed her body even more than her purple long sleeved shirt.

When she heard the doors open she looked, expecting to see Alfred inform her that Damian didn't want to see her, but was suprised.

There was Damian himself, dressed in a deep green turtleneck and dark jeans with black dress shoes.

"Alfred told me you wanted to see me?" Damian asked her.

Mar'i stood up and wiped her clean hands on her jeans in worry.

"Yes. I just have one question to ask you, and then I promise you won't see me for a long time."

Damian looked skeptical, but nodded.

"Why do you hate me?" Mar'i asked.

Now Damian was shocked.

"What ever makes you think I hate you?"

By now Mar'i had tears in her eyes and was trying so hard not to break down as she recalled the past events in her life.

"The way you completely ignore me unless it's to curse directly at me, or the way you all together straight up act like I don't exist."

Damian was frozen in place. He never knew that what he did would effect her this much, much less make her think he hates her.

"And, I just want to know why you do it. And I guess if you're going to say anything cruel to me, might as well tell me to my face."

It was right then and there Damian knew what he had to do. He had to overcome his fear.

"Mar'i."

Mar'i looked at Damian, tears now flowing onto her red cheeks and falling off her chin, and onto the hard wood floor.

"I don't hate you. In fact, it's the complete opposite. Mar'i, I like you a lot. And I have for a while. I just didn't know how to show it. Please forgive me Mar'i, I-"

Before Damian could finish his speech about how sorry he was and how he never knew how to show affection, Mar'i cut him off.

With a kiss.

The kiss was short and sweet, and when Mar'i stepped back, Damian could see the tint of glowing green behind her contacts.

"Why are you wearing contacts?" Damian asked her.

"If I ever got abducted, I want the illusion of a normal girl so I can use the element of suprise and attack them!"

Damian chuckled slightly.

"But if you didn't wear them, then nobody would bother to abduct you. And I won't get to see your beautiful eyes."

Mar'i blushed as Damian leaned in.

Right when their lips met, the doors busted open and there stood a fuming Richard Grayson, with Kor'i behind him.

Next chapter is a chapter idea I have. OC X Damian, beware.